Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2022, 05:46 AM

117 posts, read 173,177 times

Advertisements

You and that other person didn’t read my post we want to know the differences in LI and Jupiter ! My son wants me to be happy as well with the move crime , special needs help ( Florida is much less) weather , bugs, alligators, drivers , and we do visit! Please everyone read before answering thank you !I thought the implication that shouldn’t my son be picking was rather rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2022, 07:02 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,227,719 times
Hi SadieCountryGirl1, I did read your post and tried to help. The OP did too. Anyway, I wish you and your family good luck with all this. Happy Saturday! Angela

Old 09-17-2022, 05:46 PM

Please NaHK10 and Angela please re read my post ! My son wants me to be happy where they go . I am trying to find out what Jupiter and West Palm are like and compare to Long Island NY . I don’t need advise on saving money etc I want to see the pros and cons we can afford either NY has much better special needs help I kive in both but was awhile ago

Old 09-17-2022, 06:08 PM

What is Jupiter like? I didn’t need anything else my son cares where I live to both of you please re read my post you don’t understand it

Old 09-17-2022, 06:24 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,227,719 times
Hi SadieCountryGirl1:

I wish I knew about Jupiter, but I don't.

So sorry

Angela

Old 09-18-2022, 12:41 PM

What about West Palm Beach isn’t that close to Jupiter ? What can you tell about Florida as no one answers my posts except to insult me

Old 09-20-2022, 09:49 PM

981 posts, read 899,315 times
Jupiter and WPB are about 20 miles apart. WPB is more of a city feel (with more of the Florida underbelly of drugs and poverty more visible) while Jupiter is much more suburban and family oriented. The beaches are much less crowded and rustic feeling. We lived in Delray for six years before moving to Jupiter and it feels much less touristy and like 'normal' family living, with working people of all types from working class to professionals, and lots of professionsl athletes. There isn't a downtown im Jupiter which WPB has, but the neighborhoods and overall cleanliness of the town is that much nicer. Unfortunately I can't speak for the disability services. I did live in northern NJ for many years and am familiar with LI, overall I would say they are very different places. Weather is very different and the beaches and water sports in Jupiter are fantastic, although LI certainly has some fantastic beaches too. I would say if you have to have four seasons or are sick of winters that might be a deciding factor.

Old 11-23-2022, 08:35 PM

20 posts, read 22,108 times
This question, LI vs FL, will never be solved unanimously.

Comparing two great places to each other is always difficult. I like long island a lot... the physical geographic region, but not anything else about it.

Beaches on LI are phenomenal, I think better than those of Florida. Florida may have warm turquoise water, but we have Fire Island through Montauk. There is nothing like swimming under the bluffs on east end with surf like waves crashing one on top of each other. I've been to FL many times, and found WPB, Boca, Pompano, Ft. Lauterdale the only places with to be similar. It can actually be better there since its warm for entire year as opposed to June - Oct here. But anything in keys is filled with Corals and anything on west coast of FL has literally no wave action, and the beaches dont slope - feels like board walk compared to walking on Fire Island beaches where your feet sink half a foot into the sand and have decent wave action.

Schools are probably just as crappy in FL (never been in one) as they are here in LI. The best schools relatively are in NYC. I've lived in both places and seen that as with anything, the people on LI actually dont travel much to the city nor do they experience the city unless they lived there before. That doesnt mean just schools, it means bagels, pizza, museums, you name it. Most of the hype you hear about LI, the bagels, schools, beaches, pizza... it's all a load of crap. The pizza here is disgusting - filled with oil. Locals here don't even know what a brick oven is. Literally anything in the city is better (if you can get to the store without getting shot). The bagels are alright, if they can remember what you ordered. Beaches are the only good thing. Schools are bad. When you check the reviews, the parents think that good means whites, asians, and that a bright yellow schools bus brings them back home safely after 12th grade algebra practice. When I went to school in NYC, a good school had to have had multivariate calculus be taken. here they think AP Calculus I/AB in 12th grade is something to brag about. The people here dont have a concept of what a good school actually is because their head is 6ft deep into the ground. I get that everyone wants the white suburban dream, but that doesnt mean the school is actually "good". Stuyvesant is good, bronx science is good. regas is good. Maybe 2 high schools on LI come even remotely close to that, yet people here parade online like they have gold in their neighborhood; they have ****e is what they have.

now, florida is probably the same, but i never went there so could never tell. honestly, if your kids are smart and you teach them just like immigrant parents do to their kids, as long as they are in a safe environment they will get into good colleges, permitting they work hard too.

i think it only comes down to humidity vs cold. most homes in LI are built by the first two of the three little pigs. So while we dont have hurricanes, most folks pay about 400/month in the winter in heating bills for a house that reaks of 70 years worth of someone elses farts - put it lightely. Florida has hurricanes, but at least their homes are made of concrete. Only sensible thing to do is buy in Florida away from the water. Even buying close to the water here in LI is a bad choice.

If I didnt already have a home, I would buy in South east florida just because florida heat is little bit more bearable than the politics of NY and winters we have. but since mortgage rates and prices are sky high now, even though I too have this question, I am sticking in my shack up north for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach