U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 03:16 PM

114 posts, read 412,450 times

Advertisements

Forget about having a pool built. You will have to hire a contractor with a license that allows them to excavate and and dispose of contaminated soil. Can you imagine how much that will add to the cost? You want them digging up contaminated soil and ground water in your backyard?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 03:54 PM

34 posts, read 155,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobstar View Post
Forget about having a pool built. You will have to hire a contractor with a license that allows them to excavate and and dispose of contaminated soil. Can you imagine how much that will add to the cost? You want them digging up contaminated soil and ground water in your backyard?
So you are saying that by having a pool put in, the contaminates will surface again. So there really is no safe way of doing this is there? Just wondering but would the neighbors even "allow" this seeing as the contaminates would then be in the air for all to breathe. Still curious though, has anyone living in OE had a pool put in after purchasing their home. Keep the information coming please. Thanks!

Old 03-13-2009, 03:59 PM

Bobstar, did you inquire about the cost of a pool in OE when you were considering the move?

Old 03-13-2009, 04:14 PM

Some pools were put in by Centex way back when. No one has put one since it "reopened." I'm not saying that it is unsafe. I'm saying that they will be digging up contaments and need special permits and licenses which will up the cost and anxiety factor. I do not believe there are any homes left with pools. I think I saw the last one but it fronted the powerlines and I did not like the location.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:30 PM

As of yesterday there are not homes left with pools for sale. There was just one lake lot left and one that already had two offers on it. I can't imagine that if the soil is still dangerous below a certain level and it has to be dug up for a pool to be put in, how it could not be considered dangerous. This would be considered a form of air pollution, imo. Come on residents of OE, let us know if you or a neighbor installed a pool after moving in, thanks.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:39 PM

I know for a fact that no one has installed a pool since it "reopened." Ask the sales rep yourself. She told me.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:19 PM

This is not sounding to good. I am hoping to go back tomorrow for their lunch/open house event and plan on asking the saleswoman about the pools and few other things. I have wondered why their largest model that is loaded up with amazing upgrades(no pool)is priced so low. I did some looking on the computer and came across an article about the area that claims that this particular lot-homesite was found to have levels of a fuel that where high. We brought this to her attention today over the phone and she said she was unaware. Anyone hear anything about this?

Old 03-24-2009, 07:40 PM

4 posts, read 12,259 times
Default Safe place to buy house. I agreed

Hey Bobstar .... your assumptions are not all accurate. I made a research on this property and collected all the details from Florida department. It is found that we are safe to buy houses there. I am going to buy one there. Closing is on April. It was a shooting range, but it became a farm before they built. So the soil is safe now. Though they covered with new fresh soil (3 feet thickness). The Florida department tested the soil and gave them the report that it is safe. It is safe to use the ground water also. They will keep monitoring the ground water for a year too. This soil contains salt also, that reduces poison. Some may discourage, because this is business too. We are not sleeping on the sand/grass. We are not going to do agriculture there. We walk through worst soil/places almost everyday without knowing. If you are so worried, we can't even live in this earth. So, in my opinion you can buy the house there 100% safely. LOL I am not the owner of Oakmont estates or Centex. I trust Centex. They can't cheat people. Do you think so?

Old 03-25-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbstar View Post
Hey Bobstar .... your assumptions are not all accurate. I made a research on this property and collected all the details from Florida department. It is found that we are safe to buy houses there. I am going to buy one there. Closing is on April. It was a shooting range, but it became a farm before they built. So the soil is safe now. Though they covered with new fresh soil (3 feet thickness). The Florida department tested the soil and gave them the report that it is safe. It is safe to use the ground water also. They will keep monitoring the ground water for a year too. This soil contains salt also, that reduces poison. Some may discourage, because this is business too. We are not sleeping on the sand/grass. We are not going to do agriculture there. We walk through worst soil/places almost everyday without knowing. If you are so worried, we can't even live in this earth. So, in my opinion you can buy the house there 100% safely. LOL I am not the owner of Oakmont estates or Centex. I trust Centex. They can't cheat people. Do you think so?
PBstar,

Congrats and best of luck to you and your family on your upcoming move. I agree with all you had to say here on the subject. I was torn about purchasing in O.E., and we did a lot of research on our own. I am happy to say it all is good news and we also signed a contract and will be moving in shortly after you. We read all the reports, investigated further with this dept. in Fla. and spoke with a geologist and he investigated for us. The findings are all exceptable and with a "safe zone". As one poster said here, I believe-Wellingtonlover- we know what is in our soil, and it is clean, most people don't know. More and more people have bought in O.E. in the past few weeks. there a very little built homes left to purchase. This speaks volumes to the safety of this neighborhood. The CO's are in place for new building to begin, land is cleared. Last week we even saw workers out there on the property. Would love to hear from anyone else who purchased here, or any residents of O.E. already. Can't wait to move into this beautiful home and community!!!!!

Old 03-25-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbstar View Post
PBstar,

Congrats and best of luck to you and your family on your upcoming move. I agree with all you had to say here on the subject. I was torn about purchasing in O.E., and we did a lot of research on our own. I am happy to say it all is good news and we also signed a contract and will be moving in shortly after you. We read all the reports, investigated further with this dept. in Fla. and spoke with a geologist and he investigated for us. The findings are all exceptable and within a"safe zone". As one poster said here, I believe-Wellingtonlover- we know what is in our soil, and it is clean, most people don't know. More and more people have bought in O.E. in the past few weeks. there is very little built homes left to purchase. This speaks volumes to the safety of this neighborhood. The CO's are in place for new building to begin, land is cleared. Last week we even saw workers out there on the property. Would love to hear from anyone else who purchased here, or any residents of O.E. already. Can't wait to move into this beautiful home and community!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach