Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:03 AM

304 posts, read 856,166 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of buying a house in the communities off jog road in lake worth, the area seems pretty nice...
Any experience with this area? how are the schools? My first choice was Wellington, but it seems like i'd get more "house" between Boynton Bch and Lake Worth near jog road. price range 250k-300k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 10:07 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,246,337 times
It's safe but generic. The schools are highly rated (but that doesn't necessarily make them good). All in all if you just want to live a gated community it's a good choice. Personally I'd rather live in Wellington, but it's a short trip away if you can find a better house bargain here.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:36 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrynyc View Post
I am thinking of buying a house in the communities off jog road in lake worth, the area seems pretty nice...
Any experience with this area? how are the schools? My first choice was Wellington, but it seems like i'd get more "house" between Boynton Bch and Lake Worth near jog road. price range 250k-300k.
West of Jog Road on Lake Worth Rd? West of the Turnpike?

Old 03-11-2008, 01:20 PM

304 posts, read 856,166 times
past military trail and west of jog road...good area or not?

Old 03-11-2008, 02:10 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrynyc View Post
past military trail and west of jog road...good area or not?
It's not a bad area, just older. Traffic is heavy on Lake Worth Road in that area due to the Turnpike. Also keep in mind they are building or planning on building a new Wal-Mart at the Northwest corner of Jog & Lake Worth Road. Traffic is bad enough as it is, this will only make it worse.

Personally I would look in Wellington, or go further west of Lake Worth Road past the Turnpike.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:25 PM

89 posts, read 293,911 times
Jog Road and Hypoluxo has a few very nice, safe communities. Smith Farm, Lake Charleston, Journey's End and Winston Trails. All family oriented gated communities, "A" rated schools. Great location, closed to restaurants, I95 and Turnpike, Airport and beaches. I moved here from NYC five years ago and did a lot of research before I chose this area.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:36 AM

4 posts, read 11,317 times
Quote:
Jog Road and Hypoluxo has a few very nice, safe communities. Smith Farm, Lake Charleston, Journey's End and Winston Trails.
This is the area I'm currently looking in and there are some nice homes around the area. Asking prices have been around 330-389 from what I have seen, seems a little high. I have checked the 2007 appraisal listings and some seem to think there house is not in a declining market.

But in all is a very nice area.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:24 AM

639 posts, read 1,142,364 times
Default Smith Farm

I'm renting in Smith Farm and I like the area but like most parts of Florida...two miles from here going east I wouldn't want my children to break down in a car. Tons of shopping and restaurants..the schools are pretty good too though I'm not too fond of Woodlands Middle School. In fact, not to get off on another subject but I'm not too fond of any of the schools here in Florida. It seems to me that the teachers teach you how to pass the FCAT but don't really teach anything else. Anyone else feel that way??

Old 03-23-2008, 04:01 PM

89 posts, read 293,911 times
I like the schools. They have helped my kids a lot. I adopted my daughter from the state of Florida when she was 8, she is 11 now and is doing amazing in school. She was going to school in Broward before she lived here and wasn't doing as well in school. My son loves Woodlands. What subdivision are you renting in Smith Farm? I am in Forest View.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:56 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,364 times
Default Smith Farm

I am renting in Hampton Creek. I like Smith Farms but from what I've seen out of Woodlands if your child is not in gifted or advanced the quality of education goes down. I'm originally from NYC and the schools are not perfect there but I can tell you they are better than the schools here. Here it seems they teach to pass the FCAT and not to teach our children. Our children learn how to pass a test but don't learn what they need to know to succeed in later education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach