U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 06:29 AM

17,288 posts, read 28,161,618 times

Advertisements

Well, for all those lamenting Palm Beach County, some good news:

Royal Palm Beach lands on Top-10 list of best towns for families, Family Circle magazine says

ROYAL PALM BEACH — The village is one of the 10 best towns for families, according to a new national survey.

Family Circle magazine announced today that Royal Palm Beach made its annual list for the best places to live and raise kids, in a survey of 1,850 communities with populations between 15,000 and 150,000 people.

Its August issue featuring the list arrives on newsstands this week.

The magazine, which reports a circulation of at least 3.9 million, ranked the towns based on their schools, affordable homes and "green" initiatives.

Royal Palm Beach got recognition for choosing to build a park instead of homes on the old Tradition golf course. The village bought the course, which will soon become Royal Palm Beach Commons Park, featuring a lake for fishing and kayaking.

Other cities included on the list are: Ankeny, Iowa; Broken Arrow, Okla.; Brunswick, Ohio; Oro Valley Ariz.; Rocklin, Calif.; Shoreview, Minn.; South Burlington, Vt.; Webster Groves, Mo.; and Wheeling, Ill.

Royal Palm Beach lands on Top-10 list of best towns for families, Family Circle magazine says (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/west/epaper/2008/07/15/0715familycircle.html - broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 08:03 AM

8,377 posts, read 29,680,579 times
Last year Cooper City was on the list, and it's even in the semi-cancerous (to PBC anyway) Broward County. So much for every single waking area in South Florida is awful for families. Not familiar at all with Royal Palm but glad to see another South Florida community make one of these lists, if it's anything like Wellington which is close by it deserves the accolade.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:26 AM

17,288 posts, read 28,161,618 times
I've always considered Royal Palm Beach to be the less glitzy step-sister of Wellington. More down to earth and cheaper. I'd have no problems living in Royal Palm Beach, and typically recommend it to those looking for family areas but who cannot afford Jupiter or Wellington.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:07 AM

So kind of what Davie is to Weston, if you are familiar with the areas? It's strange, I have been seemingly everywhere in South FL except for Royal Palm!

Old 07-16-2008, 01:00 PM

439 posts, read 1,674,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
So kind of what Davie is to Weston, if you are familiar with the areas? It's strange, I have been seemingly everywhere in South FL except for Royal Palm!
Well then maybe you should make a drive.

If I weren't already so settled in Boca, I'd love to move to RPB. It's much cheaper!

I'll make it to NC someday...

Old 07-18-2008, 01:11 PM

66 posts, read 308,844 times
I think it was well deserved recognition. The Western Communities in Palm Beach County are great places to live. I just hope the word doesn't get out too much!

Old 07-21-2008, 08:14 PM

34 posts, read 26,299 times
the word is out! i lived out there yrs ago, it has changed drastically. the demographics have changed drastically!

Last edited by Mr. SlowFlow; 07-21-2008 at 08:40 PM..

Old 07-21-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. SlowFlow View Post
the word is out! i lived out there yrs ago, it has changed drastically. not that it really matters and not to offend, but the demographics have changed drastically!
Increased rude people due to the Hispanics I presume? If someone has to use a term like "not to offend", they either should just make their statement or shouldn't bother IMO.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:42 PM

34 posts, read 26,299 times
i took out the "not to offend" portion of my previous statement. actually, the young punks/wanna bee thugs is what i was getting at, regardless of color. i knew a kid that joined a gang, and when he got out because he realized it was stupid, there were parts of rpb that he was afraid to go into, due to the gang presence (which he dropped). it wasnt like that at all when i lived out there.

there are parts of rpb that are nice though. lots of new, nice subdivisions out there. even where i used to live it still looks nice and even a little rural still.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:46 PM

Oh yeah, I just found out there is MS-13 out there!

Gangs in Palm Beach County (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/news/interactives/gangmap.html - broken link)

That is a LONG list for RPB. Then again, the same could be said for Palm Beach County at large.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach