Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 10:55 AM
m5*

166 posts, read 659,510 times

Advertisements

i have never had a problem there either, but it isn't the nicest of places for a newcomer to be driving through. i definitely kept my fiance in the nice areas while i was trying to sell him on moving down!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 08:55 AM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 793,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post

Of course, most of that time was when I was living on 9th and North Railroad, which is not someplace most folks here would want to live, but on the other hand, that meant that my drive back and forth was always through the neighborhoods around Tamarind and Dixie, north of Palm Beach Lakes up to 45th Street . . . yet I never had any problems there.
9th and North Railroad is seperated from the hood by the big cement company or what ever that is there

Old 12-21-2008, 07:02 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny561 View Post
9th and North Railroad is seperated from the hood by the big cement company or what ever that is there
It's "Less hood" on that side of the tracks..... but it's still the hood.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:57 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,148,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny561 View Post
It's separated from the Tamarind section by the railroad tracks.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:03 PM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 793,307 times
yes, and at 9th there is that big cement plant if im not mistaken. which is exactly what i said, "9th st. and North Railroad is separated from the hood(the tamarind/pleasant city area) by a big cement plant."

Old 12-25-2008, 03:00 PM

2 posts, read 22,460 times
I was born and raised in West Palm Beach and knew it when you could wlak down any street at night and not worry, front doors weren't even locked, but that was then, in the 60's. I left 5 years ago because it got too big. too crowded, too dangerous, I moved to Sebring which is small, kind of the way West Palm used too be. West Palm is expensive too, but really just take a few days and visit and check it out for yourself, what may be too crowded for me may not be for you.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:43 AM

19 posts, read 69,864 times
Run....lol! That's all I can say. I have a friend who is an RN and there are not too many hospitals hiring and the lay offs she's heard about have even made her consider moving out of state. I personally have raised three children here for the past 9 years. I am originally from KC. If I would have known then what I know now, I never, ever, ever would have ended up here in S. Florida. Good luck.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 4,008 times
Default NO. PALM a good place to live

I have lived in North Palm Beach gor 8 years. I find the area very friendly, very clean and very convenient to the airport at West Palm. I live on the Intercoastal, am near many golf courses and Juno beach. I have got it made!

Bob

Old 12-27-2008, 05:12 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penob View Post
I have lived in North Palm Beach gor 8 years. I find the area very friendly, very clean and very convenient to the airport at West Palm. I live on the Intercoastal, am near many golf courses and Juno beach. I have got it made!

Bob

I really like North Palm Beach. Very "old Florida" feeling.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:59 PM

10 posts, read 21,480 times
West Palm definately has its ups and downs. If you are new to Florida you must realize that you are in South Florida if you are in Palm Beach County. Don't get me wrong, Palm beach is nice but it is the gateway to south florida where crime lingers around every corner. you just need to find the right place. I moved down here about a year ago to palm beach gardens and that was nice but I just moves to boca raton and it's beautiful here and I really never see any "rif raff" hanging around every corner. p.s. If you need a mover call White Lion, there are some really shady moving companies down here but these guys are honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach