Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:36 PM

436 posts, read 1,089,062 times

Advertisements

"this is spring isnt it"

^^^ I dunno, you tell me. It's only March and it was hot here in FL today. It was like 85 or 86 today and high humidity, already. We walked around the block today at like 5pm and we were actually kind of sweaty when we got back, and it was just around the block. Now, we have to wait until October (maybe November) for those cool temps to return. Hey, only 7-8 more months (seriously) away from those cool temps, lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:44 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
thats ok I grew up in Brooklyn NY im no stranger to heat and humidity, as it doesnt bother me any...bring it on...we are sick of any kind of winter....We prefer Warmth compared to any type of Cold...and again so many people go back t where they came from and find it isnt always the answer..good luck to you going back to any cold u are going too.. to each as own...I wouldnt live in NY or NJ ever again, however I have nothing bad to say other than the cost of living...for us it was a lifestyle change...people love living there just as people in Florida love there as well....

Old 03-13-2009, 06:21 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopToIt View Post
"this is spring isnt it"

^^^ I dunno, you tell me. It's only March and it was hot here in FL today. It was like 85 or 86 today and high humidity, already. We walked around the block today at like 5pm and we were actually kind of sweaty when we got back, and it was just around the block. Now, we have to wait until October (maybe November) for those cool temps to return. Hey, only 7-8 more months (seriously) away from those cool temps, lol!

Are you kidding? I don't know where you live, but during the day here today it's going to be a a max high of 80 with 50% humidity and a breeze. That's not exactly "hot" unless you're from Maine. Right now it's 8:30 AM and its 69 degrees.

At night it will be in the 60s. The REAL humidity doesn't "turn on" around here until late April or May, when you can feel a palpable change in the weather that lasts all day and night.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:42 AM

436 posts, read 1,089,062 times
Yes, it cooled down nicely lastnight. Caught me by suprise after a hot and humid walk around the block at around 5pm. But summer temps are basically from April through October, which is 7 months.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopToIt View Post
Yes, it cooled down nicely lastnight. Caught me by suprise after a hot and humid walk around the block at around 5pm. But summer temps are basically from April through October, which is 7 months.

I put the real start of summer when the humidity turns on in May. The end is typically mid-October, though remembering back to conditions on Halloweens past it can be hit or miss.

6 months of beautiful weather, 6 months of hot weather. Oh well.

I wonder if people who move to the Caribbean complain as much about the weather as those that move to Florida?

Old 03-13-2009, 10:06 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
that is funny Tri and u are so right..LOL considering man it can be humid there too, and they do have summer all year long....

Old 03-15-2009, 11:30 PM

261 posts, read 704,990 times
I grew up in Greensboro, NC. My wife and I now live in Denver, but we are planning to move to either Loxahatchee or Jupiter this year.

My mom really wants us to move to Raleigh, but it's just not for us.

South Florida is about the only place in the continental US with a real tropical climate. My wife is Vietnamese American, and we both love tropical weather. We can't wait to plant obscene amounts of fruit trees and grow most of our own food. We're huge gardeners, and we love all the fruits from the tropics. We can't wait!

Old 04-02-2010, 11:26 AM

286 posts, read 678,035 times
I am buying a beachfront property in Jupiter,but one HUGE factor affects my closing date..my son's asthma/allergy problems.
Spent a great deal of time on where to go to help him...smaller towns in New Mexico,Arizona,Southern Utah and the Atlantic Ocean..Jupiter.
Data is so varied from medical establishment,that I am torn between Carefree,Arizona and Jupiter.
I am retired and can go anywhere to help him.The urgency is to get away from Pittsburgh area..which despite 95% of factories gone..the AIR IS THE WORST IN AMERICA...it is a long story as to how and why....but we are OUT.Any help?

Old 04-03-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddesertfox View Post
I am buying a beachfront property in Jupiter,but one HUGE factor affects my closing date..my son's asthma/allergy problems.
Spent a great deal of time on where to go to help him...smaller towns in New Mexico,Arizona,Southern Utah and the Atlantic Ocean..Jupiter.
Data is so varied from medical establishment,that I am torn between Carefree,Arizona and Jupiter.
I am retired and can go anywhere to help him.The urgency is to get away from Pittsburgh area..which despite 95% of factories gone..the AIR IS THE WORST IN AMERICA...it is a long story as to how and why....but we are OUT.Any help?

DOing an "air quality comparison" (by county - Palm Beach vs. Maricopa):

AirCompare Report

Old 12-25-2010, 08:45 AM

7 posts, read 13,318 times
My goodness, you can buy half of the property,own half of the town in Jupiter for 500K !
You don't need to spend even a fraction of that amount for a nice home.
YOu do have to love heat...and lots of it....small town amenities, as in no accross the board quality of life. You will have to drive to go to Costco...drive to a great restaurant....drive for good shopping.
If you are used to a good standard of life, and enjoy having things closer to you, you just have to locate near a major metropolitan area.
Forget jobs...they have none.
High taxes will thrill you as well.
Point is that it is a great place to live if you can handle the various downsides.
Did I mention how far it will be to a functional airport?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach