Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2007, 11:20 AM

23 posts, read 89,950 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

We're relocating to work in the Boca area (I95/Glades RD) within a week. I've been doing research for apartments in Boca and found many in the price range of $1100-$1200/month for a 2/2. Even in Boca, I'm looking for advice from you regarding traffice patterns and what's to expect. Therefore, I've the following questions:

1. Would it be better to rent east of I95 or west of I95 nearer to the turn pike? I work at Glades and I95.

2. What about amenities? I prefer to be near the intracoastal water way (fishing)

3. What about security in either location?

4. Your recommendation of a particular apartment?

5. Would there be any advantages with apartments in Delray? Other areas? I was told that if you work in Boca, stay in Boca! Driving is crazy especially at this time of year.

I'm also trying to work with a realtor in the area. So far, I can't nail down anything just yet.

Thank you for all the advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2007, 08:18 AM

27 posts, read 166,302 times
Although I live north of Boca, I drive through Boca everyday for work as well as visiting friends and whatnot, so I am familiar with the traffic patterns.

I would agree with the idea of staying in Boca if possible. The price range you mentioned would be the same in Delray and there are plenty of nice areas & apartments to choose from in Boca. I'm actually surprised that there are 2/2's in Boca for that price! Immediately east of I-95 (on Glades Rd.) is both Palm Beach Community College as well as Florida Atlantic University, so I would assume reasonably priced apartments around there would have a high percentage of college students (if that matters to you). Going further east past that will bring you to the trendy Mizner Park area. I think you'd be seeing higher rent prices, that is unless it is an older/less desirable complex (but I'm not sure if those even exist anymore in this area...most places in this vicinity cater to those with $$$ and this goes for areas near/on the Intercoastal as well).

West of I-95 you'll find Glades Rd. gets fairly congested during rush hour. (There is lots of eastward traffic in the mornings and westward in the afternoon) Turning off of Glades onto Jog Road you may find some nice rental areas going south on Jog towards Palmetto Pk Rd. and north towards Yamato and Clint Moore. The areas directly south of the Boca Town Center Mall are nice as well. You'll see many condos and a few apartments around there (St. Andrews Blvd.)

There are also apartments west of the Turnpike, but it can be hit or miss in regard to the neighborhoods. Nothing bad per se, basically just newer areas mixed with older. This a more suburban area of Boca. You may find some lower rental rates, but you should really take a drive and see how you feel for yourself if possible.

Hope I helped a bit anyway. Perhaps another poster has specific apartments for you to check out.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:11 PM

23 posts, read 89,950 times
Thank you very much FireFawn. Your comment helped cement my decision. I can't wait to get to Florida and embrace the Floridian life style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach