Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 06:19 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,209,981 times

Advertisements

My entire mom's side of the family now lives in Florida, with my aunt, uncle and cousins in Boca. They moved to Boca over 10 years ago from Brooklyn. We're actually on our way to Boca tomorrow morning for Turkey Day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 06:22 PM

486 posts, read 2,113,063 times
JHG722 - have a great time and enjoy that beautiful warm sunny place !

Old 11-26-2008, 06:25 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,209,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySpring View Post
JHG722 - have a great time and enjoy that beautiful warm sunny place !
Haha thanks. It's been pretty cold in Philly, so I welcome the sun.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:26 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,149,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInFL View Post
. . . ^^^ Good for NY'ers and their fast paces lifestyle and go-go-go attitudes, but last time I checked, this is FL. Not NY. If you dont want to tolerate "sloooow" ppl, why not pass on moving to FL and staying up in NYC? And if you still decide to move to FL, despite all the slow ppl who need a match under thier asses, why not keep your moaning and complaining to yourselves? . . .
hmmm

Your stance there is starting to sound like a purist thing to me. Maybe I should have noticed that before . . . I'm not much of a fan of purism in anything (to utter a drastic understatement, lol).

Old 11-27-2008, 01:01 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,533,783 times
Folks,
It's Thanksgiving, and weather you are in cold NY or sunny Florida, we live in the best country in the world and have much to be thankful for.....

Let's just get along here........

I think we can have healthy discussions without getting nasty. I'd like to have this forum continue to be healthy, friendly and helpful.

Thanks, Frank D.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:55 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,790,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnap View Post
Is there a Law in NYC that says when you retire You Must move to Boca?
LOL! 30 years ago I used to call Palm Beach County, "Manhatten South", LOL!

So true.

There was a bumper sticker around in the 90's that read:

"If you love NY, take I-95 North".

Old 12-07-2008, 01:01 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,790,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySpring View Post
you really hate New Yorkers or anyone else for that matter.
Unless you are a native american, you really dont belong either.
As for that matter none of us do.

So the point is, people should really stop their complaining and enjoy their lives. You too.
Well, I often hear this, "No one but Native Americans belongs here". But, just to play devil's advocate, how do we know they didn't displace some other group?

Why is it we should all now feel guilty about a "conquest" (theft, or whatever else you want to call it) that took place before our generation? At one time taking over new territory was considered a good thing (by the winners of course, LOL!). In some places in the world, boundary conflicts are still occuring. At least here the borders are somewhat stabilized.

Point is, it already happened, and unless *you* are willing to give up you piece of the pie, you're "oh I feel so much white guilt" or "oh you should have some white guilt" is just a hollow, face facade.

Now I agree, a lot of bad things happened along the way to make the USA, but until someone is actually willing to immigrate back to Europe and give up their piece, it's just a bunch of posturing to say "Unless you are a native american, you really dont belong either. As for that matter none of us do."

It's as bad at the African Americans screaming about how bad it is here, yet you don't see any lining up at the docs to go back to Africa... where interestingly enough there's still slavery occuring.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:24 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,997,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnap View Post
Is there a Law in NYC that says when you retire You Must move to Boca?
The tradition began with many Jewish retirees going to Miami Beach many, many years ago, from NYC, and I guess it just spread around.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:35 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,997,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornInFL View Post
Orlando is the same way now. Although not that many illegals, but a lot of ppl from PR, DR, Miami... so much so that a billboard off of I-4 supporting the Olympics is not of the USA basketball team, but the Puerto Rican team.
PUERTO RICANS ARE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES BY BIRTH, and as much American as you are!!!!!!!!!!!! And if they all look like
Alex Rodrigues, that 6foot 3 hunk, WELCOME............

Old 12-07-2008, 05:59 PM

727 posts, read 1,836,764 times
"PUERTO RICANS ARE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES BY BIRTH,"

Where did I say they werent? And btw, Alex Rodriguez isnt from Puerto Rico. Why not have a billboard of the USA team though? Instead they have the PR team, and I dont understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach