Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:23 PM

431 posts, read 1,668,172 times

Advertisements

OK. First of all, I know theres no beach in Wellington. I am in the process of deciding between a home in Wellington and one in Boca. I am currently visiting Wellington and I drove down Lake Worth Rd to the beach today. It wasnt the most scenic of beach drives or views. I really love the Wellington area, from what I have seen, but was wondering....1st, do people in Wellington go to Lake Worth for the beach or do they go elsewhere? 2nd, does Boca have the distinct advantage of being also a beach front community as well as a town that streches vastly to the West? Are the beaches in Boca alot nicer than Lake Worth Beach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 01:17 PM

114 posts, read 449,031 times
I live in Wellington. When the family goes to the beach we go to either MacArthur Park on Singer Island, Palm Beach island, Jupiter or Boyton/Delray. It is a little bit of a drive but not too bad. I went to Lake Worth once . . . .

Old 11-26-2008, 02:53 PM

Location: Palm Beach County. Where people get murked by the grocery store.
164 posts, read 793,307 times
lake worth beach is probably the dirtiest beach in palm beach county. many go to palm beach, singer island, peanut island.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:08 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,959,037 times
Dubois in Jupiter is pretty popular too.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:11 PM

1,555 posts, read 4,148,383 times
Good suggestions above. . . my Palm Springs niece and nephews go to Lake Worth Beach all the time. My one nephew, particularly, who tries to surf there, although surfing isn't the easiest thing to do in the Atlantic unless a storm is coming, lol . . . I like Lake Worth Beach alright, and I like the drive through downtown Lake Worth there, the bridge, etc. I just wish they'd finally fix the pier.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:25 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,959,037 times
Actually it is quaint and old. I didn't mind it either. I moved from Lake Worth though, because it was just getting to run down and scary. The beach area, however, is sort of cool. I love John G's and NYPD Pizza over there.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:09 PM

431 posts, read 1,668,172 times
So, today I drove 441 to Glades and headed due East towards the Atlantic. Pretty amazing area. Has it all and then some. Unfortunately didnt realize Glades doesnt get one to the beach, so I started heading North on A1A. WOW!!! Amazingly gorgeous and assumably ridiculously expensive stuff. Hit Atlantic Ave and what appeared to be a quite gorgeous beach with a perfect beachfront shopping and dining area. I would love to live within walking distance of this area. I know its not practical tho, considering I have 2 young children and have limited funds . I must say tho that this is quite an impressive area and It made me realize that I really would like to live relatively close to here. Everybody I have asked has told me to avoid Delray, so I guess its Boca research time. I know pretentious, snobby, snooty, whatever. I have lived on Long ISland and worked on the Upper East and West Side of Manhattan, Im sure I can deal with what Boca throws at me, and I might even like it...

Old 11-27-2008, 01:08 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U120 View Post
I know pretentious, snobby, snooty, whatever. I have lived on Long ISland and worked on the Upper East and West Side of Manhattan, Im sure I can deal with what Boca throws at me, and I might even like it...
Lol, yeah.... same people with Palm Trees!

Old 12-01-2008, 02:39 PM

15 posts, read 56,942 times
To answer your question the only nice beaches in Palm Beach County are Delray City Beach, South Beach, Spanish River Beach, and Red Reef Park in Boca and the beaches in Jupiter. Lek Worth beach is horrible. Delray Beach is hard to find parking and is metered. Red Reef and Spanish River in Boca charge an exhorbitant daily fee. You can get a yearly pass for $30 if you live within the city limits of Boca but beware, all Boca addresses are not within the city limits. You can get a yearly pass for South Beach in Boca for $30 and it is a very nice beach. Getting to any beach from Wellington is a long drive. Having said all this don't let the physical beauty of Palm beach County fool you.
This is no place to raise 2 kids and for as nice as living near the beach seems.... once you are living here you will find that you rarely go.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:56 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsstuff View Post
This is no place to raise 2 kids and for as nice as living near the beach seems.... once you are living here you will find that you rarely go.
There are many fine places to raise children in Palm Beach County. As far as beaches go, you forgot Singer Island beaches, Juno Beach, and even Palm Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach