Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 08:20 PM

64 posts, read 176,678 times

Advertisements

This video was filmed in the city of West Palm Beach. This is just a clip. You can actually but the DVD though. Please be aware that this video is only suitable for those 18 and over!!!

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 08:21 PM

*buy

Old 11-29-2008, 11:06 PM

668 posts, read 2,357,932 times
They have areas like that in all cities, and really the only times violence happens is with other gang members and the occasional mugging.

I lived across this (link below) for about 8 years before it was ever gentrified and never had a problem (actually we had to move out because it was becoming gentrified n expensive). Here:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

It's called Cabrini Green, one of the worst ghetto's that ever existed in the country. It's even nowhere near at all as bad today as it was back then, when I was there hwoever. If you mind your own business and do your own thing, nothing is likely going to happen (as long as you aren't flashing expensive ornaments and what not all over your body), hell, have an open mind n u might even make a few friends, certainly doesn't hurt. West Palm Beach may have its bad areas and bad times, but honestly, it's not on the level of alot of other cities, it's just fact.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:54 AM

It doesn't have the population of other cities. Yeah, its not Detroit. In cities of 75,000 to 99,999, it ranked 7th most dangerous in the nation though.
City Crime Rankings by Population Group

Old 11-30-2008, 08:19 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aterrell9 View Post
It doesn't have the population of other cities. Yeah, its not Detroit. In cities of 75,000 to 99,999, it ranked 7th most dangerous in the nation though.

Seriously, what is your point? How many time do you have to post a Gangstas and Thugs DVD? Everyone knows there's a bad ghetto in West Palm, primarily focused near the North end towards Riviera Beach, and guess what? Most people won't live in that ghetto.

Were you a victim of crime recently? What is your point, anyway, because you're getting kind of repetitive and annoying.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:13 AM

No. I see it a lot. Who knows....I might even see you one day.

My point was that if you are going to say that it is not on the same level as other cities, KNOW what you are comparing.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
No. I see it a lot. Who knows....I might even see you one day.

My point was that if you are going to say that it is not on the same level as other cities, KNOW what you are comparing.
Crime scene investigator? Detective? New police recruit?

What ARE we comparing, btw? Northend West Palm might as well be Riviera Beach, while parts of Eastern West Palm Beach could fit in Palm Beach Island. Are you prepared to show us victimization profiles that would help us assess our victimization probability based on our racial and socioeconomic background?

Old 11-30-2008, 09:40 AM

Fry cook and neurosurgeon )

Old 11-30-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Fry cook and neurosurgeon )
I would agree with you on one point --- if a neurosurgeon were trolling Tamarind Avenue at 3AM looking to score some crack, then yes, his victimization profile would probably be identical to that of the fry cook doing the same thing.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:29 PM

1,555 posts, read 4,149,130 times
Quote:
It's difficult to find out much about how that site is analyzing anything as they appear to be primarily trying to market a product.

When I tried to research it a bit more, I found this interesting article: Experts say 'most dangerous city' rankings twist numbers - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/18/dangerous.cities.ap/ - broken link)

The CQ Press/Quitno rankings utilize FBI statistics, yet: "'You're not comparing apples and oranges; you're comparing watermelons and grapes,' said Rob Casey, who heads the FBI section that puts out the Uniform Crime Report that provides the data for the Quitno report. The FBI posted a statement on its Web site criticizing such use of its statistics."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach