U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 08:00 PM

162 posts, read 639,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by U120 View Post
Great info Native51. Can you tell us your opinion on Dwyer HS, and is there a big difference btw Dwyer and Jupiter HS? Also, can you give ma an idea of how much HO Insurance will be on a $400G home in Abacoa?
From my understanding Jupiter High is the more desired school, in terms of academics (constantly "A" rated) and community support since its pulls students from only Jupiter, Jupiter Farms and Tequesta. Dwyer has better athletics, decent academics (I think it's a "B" school) and pulls its students mostly from Gardens and portions of Riviera Beach and south Jupiter.

Homeowners insurance will run you around $2,000 per year, give or take.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 08:39 PM

436 posts, read 1,034,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native51 View Post
From my understanding Jupiter High is the more desired school, in terms of academics (constantly "A" rated) and community support since its pulls students from only Jupiter, Jupiter Farms and Tequesta. Dwyer has better athletics, decent academics (I think it's a "B" school) and pulls its students mostly from Gardens and portions of Riviera Beach and south Jupiter.

Homeowners insurance will run you around $2,000 per year, give or take.
U120, did you find out how much the property taxes are gonna be on that house? That is something to check on too.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:54 PM

431 posts, read 1,593,740 times
From what I understand 2% of the purchase price is probably a very good indicator as to what your Property Taxes will be. More than likely it will be less, especially after getting the Homesteaders Discount, but Its a good estimate. After researching Wellington, Boca, W Boynton, Parkland, Weston, PBG, and Jupiter, I gotta admit, Jupiter seems to be the best fit for us. Im real excited to actually see it in person this coming Easter break.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:12 PM

207 posts, read 897,738 times
Abacoa is a little Disneyesque, I find it a little too fake, but many find it OK.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:36 PM

I do appreciate your input Luckysnap, but can you give some examples of what youre speaking of when you say Disneyesque?

Old 03-23-2009, 08:48 PM

436 posts, read 1,034,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnap View Post
Abacoa is a little Disneyesque, I find it a little too fake, but many find it OK.

LOL, I was thinking it too, but didnt know how to word it. It's like where I live, or like the town of Celebration. It's kind of hard to explain, it's just........ like Pleasantville. From the movie. Everything looks very new, almost like they tried to throw a little town together, surrounded by houses they put up in a year, and the grass was just rolled up like a rug, and you can just unroll it and, twenty seconds later, you have a lawn, lol!

Old 03-29-2009, 12:27 PM

From what I have been recently told all of Abacoa now attends Dwyer HS in PBG.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:02 PM

5 posts, read 21,627 times
Here is an article about a downtown neighborhood within Abacoa close to the st louis cardinals/florida marlins spring traning facility. The article explains how Antigua and Abacoa was developed according to the new urbanist principals of live/work/play/celebrate.

http://www.bristolmanagement.com/for...ua_Article.pdf

It's an enjoyable read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach