Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 04:07 AM

53 posts, read 281,252 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to say I love Delray. I like the people, I like the families that get involved, I like the children who take pride in their hometown.
Times are tough and will get tougher. I guess I just want say, I'm happy to be here.

As to the crime and the bad folks, now's the time to stand up and act right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 01:27 PM

423 posts, read 1,643,093 times
Default Agreed

Fully agreeeeee... We lived in Delray for over 3 yrs and loved it. Recently moved down to Davie area due to personal/business reasons.... but still miss Delray. We still own the house up there (it is rented now) and hope to move back up sometime...

Old 02-21-2009, 04:52 PM

717 posts, read 2,808,744 times
I think Delray Beach is one of the neatest towns! Loved visiting when I was going to FL College of Natural Health in Pompano. Am actually considering coming back down that way...

Old 02-26-2009, 01:46 AM

48 posts, read 130,861 times
Is delray a decent town for young adults? im 24 year old guy living in the worst state in the country know as Michigan. I absolutely hate it here, looking for a south florida town that isn't completely full of old people, not TOO touristy and obviously the less crime the better. I have not been to delray but i have been to ft lauderdale, west palm beach, hollywood, and miami and many other cities. I have heard good things about Delray Beach. Jobwise well i am not TOO picky, i work on cars and i work at lifetime fitness and i know there is one in boca raton. I'm too lazy to look for all the other threads on good florida cities and i like to stay on topic. So overall how is delray? would i like it?

Old 02-26-2009, 05:18 AM

53 posts, read 281,252 times
Welcome DeadSky,

I betcha would love Delray. Close enough to everything going North and South. Come down for the St. Pat's Parade March 14th and check it out. Lot's going on that Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Welcome to Delray Beach, Florida. Gateway to the City of Delray Beach, the Greater Delray Beach Chamber of Commerce, and the Delray Beach Downtown.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:11 PM

I will be in Miami from March 11th-23rd actually, maybe i will take a trip north Thanks i'll check out the site and look into it more, looking to move down there south somewhere September of this year.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:30 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,109,500 times
I have been to Delray plenty of times and I just fell in love with it when I was their, Bostons isn't bad either.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:33 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,293,489 times
I completely agree...Delray Beach is a great town! I live in Miami, but I love driving up there and visiting the Blue Anchor Pub, and taking a stroll down the main street, where you'll find nice people, antique shops & great places to eat.

Delray is a really nice town....one of Florida's hidden gems, if I may say so myself.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:04 AM

I'm glad to see nothing but positive reviews! I think i might take a drive there while im in miami. How far of a drive from miami do you think delray is? hour and a half-ish?

Old 03-02-2009, 09:25 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,851 times
Hey deadsky I am from MI too. I am in the neighbor city for the winter in Boca Raton though I don't think that highly of it. I would say it is about an hour from Miami to Delray but I am not that good with directions. If you come out towards Palm Beach County you may also want to look in Royal Palm which is close to West Palm but nicer. I was in Wellington for awhile and that is younger to me. I am 30 so Boca is a little older. I used to have family in Delray and I know parts are nice and some which it seems is all of Fl is not so nice. If you are really thinking of moving here I would really explore the different areas as some have such different feels then others. What part of MI are you from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach