U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2009, 09:57 AM

37 posts, read 119,069 times

Advertisements

Looking to move to Wellington. We went there yesterday and drove around a bit. i was wondering what you consider the good and bad areas of Wellington. We are looking to buy a house for about 300,000. I have a 6 and an 8 year old so I am also interested in schools. Looked at some older areas (Sugar Pond) and newer (Olympia). Both have positives and negatives. Why soooo many foreclosures in Olympia? And some of the older areas (Pinewood Manor & Emerald Woods) seemed to have a kind of seedy area close by. I would really appreciate any and all thoughts on this.

Thank you!
Roxy
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 08:17 PM

207 posts, read 865,380 times
check out you prospective neighborhoods as the schools get out.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:22 AM

86 posts, read 386,446 times
Wellington is whitebread boring, I don't see what you are concerned about. The biggest problem that town has involves drug use among suburbanites, but that shouldn't affect you if you don't go looking for it.

Olympia has so many foreclosures because many middle-class people got loans for $1 million homes during the market peak to try to emulate their richer neighbors, then fell behind on their monthly payments. I visited Olympia during their open house a few years ago and liked the spacious floor plans- if you can get something there for under $400,000 consider it a steal.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:38 AM

156 posts, read 666,573 times
Most areas in Wellington are fine, Sugar Pond is one of the least expensive areas so that is why you may find seedy people. Check the neighborhood across the street Greenview Shores, and all of the others in Greenview Shores, there are many. Greenview cove is gated and beautiful too! I personally would not want to live in Olympia, too big, and transient w/renters and such.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:32 PM

2 posts, read 11,271 times
Default Timing. Olympia

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsofla View Post
Looking to move to Wellington. We went there yesterday and drove around a bit. i was wondering what you consider the good and bad areas of Wellington. We are looking to buy a house for about 300,000. I have a 6 and an 8 year old so I am also interested in schools. Looked at some older areas (Sugar Pond) and newer (Olympia). Both have positives and negatives. Why soooo many foreclosures in Olympia? And some of the older areas (Pinewood Manor & Emerald Woods) seemed to have a kind of seedy area close by. I would really appreciate any and all thoughts on this.

Thank you!
Roxy
Olympia was built during the boom..
So, now most folks are upside down.
Across the street village Walk was built prior to the boom, much less foreclosures over there.
Bona Vida is a retirement community and most purchasers buy cash!!! Less Foreclosures over there... Each community has a different story.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:34 PM

2 posts, read 11,271 times
Village Walk is your best deal in Eastern Wellington.
All ages are welcome, place is kept extremely clean.
Very low HOA,, about 300 per month.
Good mix of folks live within.....

Old 02-12-2012, 10:40 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,103,130 times
You do realize this thread is over 3 years old?

Olympia and Village Walk were both built during the boom. Prior to that Forest Hill from the turnpike west to 441 was farmland, cow pastures and a landscaping nursery along with the original Kobosko's.

Village Walk HOA fees vary by the type of home you own, that being said it can be higher than $300/month.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:07 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,098,209 times
Honest question here, from someone thinking about a possible relocation ... is $300/month HOA really considered "Very low"? It will be a useful criteria to use, going forward. TIA

Old 02-12-2012, 01:44 PM

623 posts, read 1,166,365 times
I guess it depends what it includes right? In the past, for us, 300 turned into 400 pretty quickly..... Is there ever a cap?

Old 02-12-2012, 02:17 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,103,130 times
Some places have HOA fees that are very low, $35/month or $100/month. It all depends on amenities and what's included along with the size of the house. Having a manned gate, pool, fitness club and etc, drives up the fees. Most of the newer places are $250+/month. If there is a golf course in the community, the HOA can be even higher, some are insanely expensive.

You can be guaranteed the fees will go up, that's just the way it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach