Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 12:56 PM

2 posts, read 6,790 times

Advertisements

hi there
I currently live in tampa and we are looking to relocate to the east coast of florida, my wife wanted me to look into west palm beach, we really have no clue wher to go, i havent even found employement yet, we are just playing around with the idea.
we ofcourse would like somewhere safe and afforadable, we have two children and a dog, we like to be in a friendly family neighborhood, my wife doesnt drive far so we would need to be close to shopping, schools etc, we love the beach and love being outdoors, riding bikes roller blading walking our dog etc, can you give me an idea where abouts i should start looking?
thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 01:04 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Do you want to be IN West Palm Beach, or do you want to be in a suburb?

IN West Palm Beach, the best neighborhoods for families are: Flamingo Park, El Cid, Southland Park, South of Southern (SoSo).

These are safe areas with a lot of character, sidewalks, close to the intracoastal and downtown, dog parks, neighbors that actually talk to you, etc. These areas are on the South side of town, South of downtown/Okeechobee Blvd. I live in Flamingo Park, take my dog to the dog park in the neighborhood can walk to Cityplace and downtown, restaurants, the supermarket, and corner stores. The beach is two miles away.

Northeast (Northwood) has good neighborhoods, but it's ringed by some pretty rough areas that some people are not comfortable with.

Otherwise, a lot of people high tail it out to Wellington and Jupiter.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:52 AM
m5*

166 posts, read 659,723 times
Why are you leaving Tampa?

Old 04-07-2009, 02:27 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,498,582 times
" i havent even found employement yet"

If you have employment now, hold on to it tightly.

"Palm Beach County's unemployment rate is just above the state average at 9.7 percent.
In Martin County, 10.2 percent of eligible workers are out of a job. In Okeechobee County, the unemployment rate sits right at 11 percent, while in Indian River County, the unemployment rate is 11.5 percent.
St. Lucie County, at 12.7 percent, has the second highest jobless rate in the state behind Flagler County".

* taken from WPBF news, read entire article: Florida's Unemployment Rate Highest Since 1976 - Money News Story - WPBF West Palm Beach (http://www.wpbf.com/money/19027916/detail.html - broken link)

Old 04-07-2009, 04:43 PM

2 posts, read 6,790 times
M5 we enjoyed ourselves in tampa but we would just like a change.
eventually we will be moving back up north to our families but we agreed to stay in a florida another year or so, so we thought we would try the east coast this time around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach