U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 01:38 AM

5 posts, read 23,079 times

Advertisements

My job has forced me to relocate to West Palm Beach in mid June. My fiancé and I are looking for someplace nice to live. We are both in are mid-twenties and are looking to rent an apartment/condo for no more than a year until we look to buy.

Our preferences are:
1.) a safe area
2.) somewhere close to malls, restaurants, bars, etc.
3.) somewhere with a mix of other young professionals
4.) close to the beach
5.) within a 20 min. drive to the airport (i will be traveling for my job quite often)

Also, we are looking to pay up to $1,600 or so in rent.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 08:46 AM

15 posts, read 92,004 times
I live in sunny WPB, FL...I moved here from NY...I picked WPB and our condo because its close to shopping, beach, city...and to me its a hidden secret...our gated community is on a lake, we have lake and city view...its great. We are currenltly looking to buy a home... I rented for the first year, then bought. hope this has helped!.. Take a look at my condo, if your interested...I could rent, or rent to own also...for a great price...PM me if interested. Good luck..hope you love it here as much as I do!

http://rmlsfl.mlxchange.com/Pub/Emai...51&s=RML&t=RML

Old 04-07-2007, 05:18 PM

7 posts, read 21,186 times
Your best bet for a rental in that price (near the beach) is probably the Lake Worth area. West Palm Beach has lots to offer - Cityplace, Kravis Center, Norton Museum but it doesn't really have a beach - unless you cross the bridge to Palm Beach. You will really like it here as a young couple - there is a lot of things to do. If you don't mind traveling a little bit to the beach then you'll find lots of condos for rent near the downtown area.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:29 PM

4 posts, read 30,951 times
Juno Beach would be worth a look. Quiet, save close to Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, and WPB. Beach right there. It would take a bit longer than 20 min to the airport however. My old neighbor was renting his house for what you are looking at as far as rent goes.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:14 PM

363 posts, read 1,774,331 times
Default Boca Raton

Boca is in the southern part of Palm Beach County. Beautiful Boca is safe, sophisticated, clean, has tons of rentals-many are newly built. Boca is about halfway between Ft Lauderdale Airport and West Palm Airport.

East Boca is where most of the new condos/apartments are going up. Many new restuarants are opening and can be sort of yuppieish!

Old 04-08-2007, 09:12 PM

Thanks for the info. We were originally considering northern Palm Beach County (i.e. Palm Beach Gardens and Jupiter), but now we are looking at places downtown also. Do you have any insight into rentals in either of these places. Especially downtown, is it a pretty safe area? I haven't heard much about living downtown.....

Thanks again!

Old 04-09-2007, 09:41 AM

45 posts, read 168,794 times
Delray Beach is also a great area for 20 & 30 somethings. It has a nice downtown area that always seems to have something going on and tons of restaurants & bars if you're looking for a night out close to home. It's about 15 mins. from Town Center Mall in Boca which has all of the shopping you could want. I can make it to PBIA in 20 mins. It does have a fairly large population of seniors the farther west you get from I-95. We lived in Boca our first two years here and felt that people weren't very friendly and there wasn't much to do at night but that may have changed by now.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:49 PM

thanks for the info!

Old 04-09-2007, 09:55 PM

17,288 posts, read 27,532,906 times
OSU, I will be moving downtown in about 3 weeks (crossing my fingers that everything is going to work out!!!) I've done a LOT of research, and finally settled on a condo that I want to rent. Downtown is definately where the young professionals are flocking, specifically around Cityplace, where you will find the nicest buildings and apartments, and near Flagler Drive, which is right on the intracoastal waterway.

For your price range, you can find a 2 bedroom in just about any building downtown. Airport is 5 minutes away and so is the beach. Shopping, dining, it's all there...... BUT, the only downside is that downtown is in transition right now, so if you stray too far North of Okeechobee Blvd, you will run into some rough areas!

If you want more specific info on buildings downtown, PM me or I can just link up here. I'm not a realtor, but I might as well be with all the research I've done these past few months on the area, lol.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:53 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,608,956 times
Default You do need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by osu5252 View Post
My job has forced me to relocate to West Palm Beach in mid June. My fiancé and I are looking for someplace nice to live. We are both in are mid-twenties and are looking to rent an apartment/condo for no more than a year until we look to buy.

Our preferences are:
1.) a safe area
2.) somewhere close to malls, restaurants, bars, etc.
3.) somewhere with a mix of other young professionals
4.) close to the beach
5.) within a 20 min. drive to the airport (i will be traveling for my job quite often)

Also, we are looking to pay up to $1,600 or so in rent.

Thanks!
If you are moving to Palm Beach you DO need help! Lots and lots of help. Specially help getting a good paying job and being able to pay for the skyrocketing insurance and property taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach