U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 03:12 PM

71 posts, read 162,117 times

Advertisements

He's at TLC off of Dixie & Yamato Rd.

Staff - TLC Animal Hospitan Bocaraton
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 06:34 PM

272 posts, read 838,509 times
Boca Greens Animal Hospital is also good.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona25 View Post
We currently use VCA Boca del Mar and have been happy there.

DON'T go to Clint Moore. The vets are great (Dr. Butzer is a living legend--he's been on Animal Planet's Miami Animal Police), but the office staff is AWFUL. You can also spend at least 2-3 hours waiting to see Dr. Butzer.

2 years ago in November they nearly killed one of my dogs. My dog was about 16 weeks old at the time and we were getting ready to go out of town for Thanksgiving. We were boarding her at Clint Moore because it's close to our house and our older dog was already going there, so it made perfect sense. Since we adopted our dog through the Humane Society, we were going through another office (incidentally, VCA) for her shots until we were done with the last round plus her rabies shot. The week before our trip, my husband had our dog's last round of shots done along with her rabies shot and then immediately took the paperwork over to Clint Moore. He watched them copy it and make a file for our dog.

When we picked her up after we returned, she looked like a skeleton. Something didn't look right AT ALL. They gave us some medicine and a letter stating that she had come down with bronchitis. Our bill was also $400--a good $100 higher than it should have been (6 days of boarding plus the required after-boarding bath). When I looked over the bill, I saw something about a round of puppy shots. I asked them about it and they said, "Oh, someone told us to do it." I said that wasn't possible since I was the one who had dropped her off and filled out the paperwork for her stay. The only thing I had talked about was her food because we were in process of switching her. Oh, and the weight thing--when she left Clint Moore, she weighed all of 14 pounds. When we brought her there, she was 17 pounds. She had just been weighed at the other vet. Clint Moore had the nerve to say that the other vet's scale was off.

We were giving her the medicine but she was just getting worse. The morning after we'd picked her up, she was coughing up blood. Her bronchitis had gone to a near fatal case of pneumonia and it was all caused by the double dose of puppy shots. Our dog was then hospitalized at Clint Moore for the rest of that week. On the plus side, we didn't have to pay anything and we still have our dog today. That was the last time our one dog went there. I was finally done with them several months later after a tech screwed up something with my older dog (wrapped his leg so tight that his circulation was being cut off).

Basically, for the the love of everything holy...don't go there.
I am a vet tech at a clinic up in Orlando but my parents have gone to dr Butzer for 25 years and have never had a bad experience. Just FYI but your dog can't get pneumonia from an extra set of puppy shots. There was something else wrong with your dog.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,118 times
Default West Boca Vet Center on Yamato

They are simply the best! Dr Keuhnel, his wife Dr Simons and Dr Haskel. Great office staff and fair prices. Always available when I need them and diagnosis has been accurate with successful treatment for all 3 of my dogs over the past 3 years.
I have also used Clintmoore Animal Hospital and they are overpriced. Office is dirty. It's chaotic and Dr Butzer is a great vet but ....a little off.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:06 PM

143 posts, read 420,653 times
I've used Clint Moore Animal Hospital for over 10 years... Multiple cats and dogs....never a problem....

Old 04-19-2012, 04:06 PM

129 posts, read 447,424 times
Default Boca midtown animal hospital

I use boca midtowne animal hospital. Office is in the boca grove center. It is off of powerline rd and boca groove. They are wonderful and caring. My son uses them too. My cat became very sick and i took him to boca midtowne. That is when i found out my cat, chipper had bone cancer. I had to put chipper down. The doctor and staff was so kind and caring. Eveyone was so upset that chipper pased away. They all gave me hugs before i left. Then the next day i was called to make sure i was doing o.k. Then i recieved a wonderful card in the mail from them stating how sorry they were for my lost. Everyone made a sweet remark in the card.

My son takes his dog and three cats to the office. He almost lost his dog however they were able to save him! This is a wonderful caring place. The dr. And staff is dedicated to the animals and their owners. Please check them out!

Old 04-19-2012, 11:47 PM

7,937 posts, read 18,465,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icelady View Post
I use boca midtowne animal hospital. Office is in the boca grove center. It is off of powerline rd and boca groove. They are wonderful and caring. My son uses them too. My cat became very sick and i took him to boca midtowne. That is when i found out my cat, chipper had bone cancer. I had to put chipper down. The doctor and staff was so kind and caring. Eveyone was so upset that chipper pased away. They all gave me hugs before i left. Then the next day i was called to make sure i was doing o.k. Then i recieved a wonderful card in the mail from them stating how sorry they were for my lost. Everyone made a sweet remark in the card.

My son takes his dog and three cats to the office. He almost lost his dog however they were able to save him! This is a wonderful caring place. The dr. And staff is dedicated to the animals and their owners. Please check them out!
We rescued back in February one of the Tennessee dogs from the Boca Shelter and he is a beautiful orange Chihuahua who looks just like a Fox and is just 1 years old...Thank goodness for us he a wonderful addition to our family not so sure about our 1st dog..lol anyhow, We have been going to this Vet and have been very happy with them so far.....thank you for the recommendations

Old 10-29-2016, 08:55 AM

2 posts, read 648 times
I love Clint Moore Animal Hospital, we have been bringing our pets for to them for the past 12 years, and wouldn't go anywhere else. They are more expensive and the wait is no more than other places I have gone. But the service, staff and medicine is worth the wait and price. I rather go to a place where the doctors are in high demand, It reflects that they are amazing. That place is busy every day, yet have saved my . Dr Butzer is booked 3 weeks in advanced, but they have 5 more doctors whom we have also seen. They saved my dog not once but twice, love the place, love the doctors.

Old 10-29-2016, 08:57 AM

2 posts, read 648 times
why would you board a 16 year old dog? That is negligent !!! and you said there was nothing wrong with your dog at 16??

Old 11-09-2016, 07:41 PM

61 posts, read 72,224 times
Scott Lund. The best...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach