Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 09:10 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,277,958 times

Advertisements

Looking for a really good vet for our Dog in the Boca Area as the kids and I will be moving down next week

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 10:48 AM

no one has any recommendations???

Old 06-03-2009, 07:33 PM

272 posts, read 906,062 times
Clint Moore Animal Hospital.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:36 PM

10 posts, read 43,465 times
I bring my dog to our vet in Pompano where we used to live, so I don't have any Boca recommendations. However, I've heard excellent things from multiple people about coral springs animal hospital. Also, there is a 24 hour animal hospital on Glades&441, and another one in the Boca Greens shopping center. I don't know about their reputations, though. Frankly, my Pompano vet (All Aboard) is less expensive and I trust her, so the drive is worth it to me. The Clint Moore Animal Hospital has good reviews but is expensive.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:50 PM

thank you I never thought to ask my uncle, he takes his doggie to Coral Springs Animal Hospital...thats great there is an emergency animal hospital that is open all night...

Appreciate it...

Old 06-06-2009, 08:33 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,789,628 times
I don't know how good the actual vet is but when my mom came with her dog for a visit it needed special food and I called a vet in Regency Ct in Boca I think called Regency Vet and they were nice to hold a bag for a week without a deposit. It is a nice area there and if I had an animal I would look into there care.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:48 PM

439 posts, read 1,741,588 times
We currently use VCA Boca del Mar and have been happy there.

DON'T go to Clint Moore. The vets are great (Dr. Butzer is a living legend--he's been on Animal Planet's Miami Animal Police), but the office staff is AWFUL. You can also spend at least 2-3 hours waiting to see Dr. Butzer.

2 years ago in November they nearly killed one of my dogs. My dog was about 16 weeks old at the time and we were getting ready to go out of town for Thanksgiving. We were boarding her at Clint Moore because it's close to our house and our older dog was already going there, so it made perfect sense. Since we adopted our dog through the Humane Society, we were going through another office (incidentally, VCA) for her shots until we were done with the last round plus her rabies shot. The week before our trip, my husband had our dog's last round of shots done along with her rabies shot and then immediately took the paperwork over to Clint Moore. He watched them copy it and make a file for our dog.

When we picked her up after we returned, she looked like a skeleton. Something didn't look right AT ALL. They gave us some medicine and a letter stating that she had come down with bronchitis. Our bill was also $400--a good $100 higher than it should have been (6 days of boarding plus the required after-boarding bath). When I looked over the bill, I saw something about a round of puppy shots. I asked them about it and they said, "Oh, someone told us to do it." I said that wasn't possible since I was the one who had dropped her off and filled out the paperwork for her stay. The only thing I had talked about was her food because we were in process of switching her. Oh, and the weight thing--when she left Clint Moore, she weighed all of 14 pounds. When we brought her there, she was 17 pounds. She had just been weighed at the other vet. Clint Moore had the nerve to say that the other vet's scale was off.

We were giving her the medicine but she was just getting worse. The morning after we'd picked her up, she was coughing up blood. Her bronchitis had gone to a near fatal case of pneumonia and it was all caused by the double dose of puppy shots. Our dog was then hospitalized at Clint Moore for the rest of that week. On the plus side, we didn't have to pay anything and we still have our dog today. That was the last time our one dog went there. I was finally done with them several months later after a tech screwed up something with my older dog (wrapped his leg so tight that his circulation was being cut off).

Basically, for the the love of everything holy...don't go there.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:53 AM

71 posts, read 176,067 times
I forgot to add this Vet to my previous posts.

I went to the West Boca Veterinary Center a couple of times. It's a new facility. On June 28th, they are having an open house from 11:00a - 2:00,9908 Yamato Rd., Suite 102, 561-451-8838. free food, prizes, activities & tours of the hospital.

http://westbocavet.com/

The staff are really nice & friendly, clean facilities. I saw Dr. Haskin & spoke to Dr. Sims who I liked when I dropped off samples to be tested. Also spoke to her on the phone regarding the results.

Dr. Michael Posner, [url="http://www.mobilevet2u.com"] will come to your house at your convenience. His coupon is $30 for the housecall.

I agree with Dr. Butzer's review. You wait for hours until he sees you.

Good luck in your new digs. I looked in Waxhaw years ago and liked the area. I'm sure it grew since I was there. It was pretty rural when I was there. Boca is just convenient to everything.

Last edited by runwiththewind4; 06-09-2009 at 10:28 AM..

Old 06-10-2009, 10:29 AM

71 posts, read 176,067 times
Sorry, I had a blonde moment - it is Dr. Kim Simons @ West Boca.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:15 PM

162 posts, read 636,004 times
When we lived on the east side, our pup went to Spanish River Animal Hospital. No complaints with them.

Once we lived in the west part of town, we LOVED Dr. Shama'ha. I know I butchered his name. He was at Boca Del Mar animal hospital at the time. I know he left them but was still in the western part of Boca somewhere. He was the best!! Great with all our pets!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach