Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 05:55 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,075,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinked View Post
Victor,

I have read these forums a lot. Do a search on the areas you are interested in. I have heard good things about Boca Raton as well as Jupiter, palm beach gardens and other areas in WPB as well. Only negative thing I heard about Boca Raton is that some people say the people there are snobby...which IMO isnt that big a deal.
Florida shares many of the same issues and problems that California has .... now that said I love both states so my opinion maybe warped . Boca Raton is very nice for the most part .. yeah you have some snobs and some grumply old wealthy people , but for the most part normal everyday people and even some "nice " ones .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 05:57 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,075,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
Beautiful
Clean
Upscale
New
Nice grocery store options
Good schools
Landscaped Streets
Central - South Florida Location
Nice beaches
Cheap compared to California
Good post ..... yes Boca is a nice place to live .

Old 06-22-2009, 09:29 AM

50 posts, read 168,054 times
Boca gets the best of everything in PBC.* You'll get the best restaurants, stores, etc., in Palm Beach County there. It's also very quiet there and laid-back. People just seem to go about their business there, which is nice.

*If you find that's not true, then Wellington, Palm Beach Gardens and/or Jupiter are the next best places to look.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:35 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times
I have lived in So Cal and in Boca and returning to Boca next week. I have only been in a snow bird before but will be full year from now on. I am young though 30. Anyhow Boca is much more laid back then Ca especially if you are in LA. You also get more for your money in Boca and is less expensive then CA. I am single and live in a gated community but have felt safe when I go out nearby. When I first got to FL looking around of course there are bad areas near. Since I was in Boca in the winter there are a lot of snow birds. I am a very easy going person and don't like conflict and I don't like name throwing based on finances etc. I just try to focus on the positive and not let people who are not friendly upset me. I will say it is a much older crowd in general. When I first arrived in FL I rented in Wellington which seemed younger and working people but a nice upscale area. I really like the complex I am in Boca and since I am more familiar with that area I chose to go back there. There is a lot of nice shopping and restaurants,boating,and country clubs. I am sorry did you say what you will be doing for a living? I have heard the schools are good in Boca. Well good luck in your choice.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:53 AM

5 posts, read 17,706 times
I loved living in Boca and want to move back. You have everything you need, right outside your gated community.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:25 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,240,908 times
Smile Boca

It's no secret I love living in Boca. There are MANY non-gated communities. I actually live in one which is probably one of the most normal places around.

It looks like a neighborhood up north and it was used in the movie "Sex Drive" - supposed to be Chicago suburbs!

We all set around on chairs watching the filming!

Old 01-06-2010, 07:35 AM

92 posts, read 309,661 times
One key difference between LA and Boca is the age of the people. There are more senior citizens in Boca per capita than LA. Also, Boca is not as diverse as LA. If you want a fairly homogenous, fairly upscale suburban area with warm weather -- Boca is good. The humidity and strong sun makes summer hard to deal with. Gorgeous in winter.
Lastly, you will see more people making a scene or going off on waiters etc in Boca than the rest of Palm Beach County. People honk and can get into verbal fights with each other over parking spaces, bad service etc. Boca is known in the county as the place with tense Northerners. But you probably have that in LA since it is a big city.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:49 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,136 times
What would you call those people Tense South Westerners - LOL. I have to admit - I have a low tolerance in driving situations - I hope I'm not one of those "NORTHERNERS", when I finally do move.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:55 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
What would you call those people Tense South Westerners - LOL. I have to admit - I have a low tolerance in driving situations - I hope I'm not one of those "NORTHERNERS", when I finally do move.
Chels Im not one of those Northerners and I live in Boca and we all love it...Im niether Obnoxious or Rude or Snobby

been down here now almost 8 months and well I have found alot of people obnoxious here and they aren't the Northerners....

Old 01-06-2010, 12:07 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,765,136 times
Well, I happen to think it is obnoxious for anyone to assume another human being with out speaking to them is obnoxious because of being born in a certain geographical area! ;-/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach