Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2009, 10:12 AM

368 posts, read 928,970 times

Advertisements

I'm having a hard time finding a good infant daycare either close to my job or close to home. My husband travels frequently and since I have one child doing extremely well in preschool in Boca (off 441 & Yamato) and I work on Yamato, I'm trying to decide if I should have my infant (on the way) near work or closer to home in Wellington.

The reason for this is when my husband is home, he can pick up the baby while I pick up our son. I imagine both facilities will close at 6pm. When he IS traveling however, I will be a basket case trying to get to 2 schools in Boca and Wellington by 6pm (unless I just tell my boss I have to leave early when my husband isn't around)... and it seems as if the infant daycares in Boca are too $$$$$.

So someone suggested a nanny so I don't have to worry about rushing to a daycare to pick up my baby who'll probably be about 2 months old when we have to put him in daycare. Problem is, I have NO idea where to start in Wellington or anyplace else for that matter... These generic Nanny Service websites give me the willies. Can anyone recommend a service or even a person that we could possibly interview? We really only need someone to take care of the baby 3 days per week full-time (9am - 6pm).

Thanks for any suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 07:12 PM

86 posts, read 226,940 times
I am a live in nanny in New Jersey, also have worked in NY, and just landed a job as a domestic personal assistant in Boca Raton. I have used Au Pair Agency Nanny Jobs: 15,000 Au Pairs & Nannies: 6,500 Jobs for some time now. If you are a paid member they offer to do background checks on the individuals that you are searching for. It is als easier to find someone who matches your life style
(ie: what age you prefer your nanny to be, nationality, eating habits, discipline regime, child rearing tactics, etc.)
My Aunt recommended the website to me a few years back, as she has even travelled to Italy to work in between art gigs.

I would recommend that website out of all of them. Agencies are okay, depending on what you are willing to spend. If you have a bit of free time, I would advise staying away from them (at least to start). They are quite expensive.

Good luck!

Old 07-07-2009, 07:03 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
I feel for you and there is another post with someone having the same concern. Do you know anyone with children in your area or even if you ask the preschool your other child attends. I like referals I guess. I don't have kids but maybe one of the other moms at the preschool knows of someone who would be interested. Just a thought that came to mind.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:33 PM

2 posts, read 7,947 times
Talking Re: if not daycare, then... a nanny???

Razz~

Have you been able to find a solotion to your Childcare situation? The reason that I am asking is that I am a SAHM (my son is 3 months old) and I am looking to either bring a child or two into my home or work in a Nanny type of situation for 1 family. I have about 7 years experience as a Nanny with 1 family in Michigan (where I am from) and 3 years babysitting experience here in Florida for 1 family. Than there's the experience of having your own child.

Now that I am a mom at the age of 38, I am very protective about who would watch my child so I can understand your dilema. If you are still looking and would like to talk, let me know.

Regards,

Ann

Old 07-11-2009, 10:15 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
Hey I am from MI. Sorry a little off topic. That is a good idea though but two babies under 6 months sounds hard but I guess people do it with twins.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:32 PM

6 posts, read 17,557 times
Hi Razz! I'm not sure if you have found anyone yet, but if not, I am very interested. I may be a little out of the way, I'm not sure. My boys and I live in Coconut Creek, bordering Deerfield Beach. I have an 11 year old, 6 year old, and 2 year old. I have been a stay at home mom since the birth of my first son, and during that time have been an in home childcare provider. I'm new to this area (from Georgia) and was just about to post an ad, when I saw your post. I have many references and lots of experience. If you're still looking and are interested, please let me know. Thanks!

Old 10-07-2009, 03:50 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,243,693 times
Smile Nanny or....???

I found a wonderful woman when my daughter was months old - she was in her late 60's (didn't look it) and she became my grandma for hire. She was my right hand and I had to keep some awful hours in those years and could always depend on her 100%. She loved my kids and knew them better than there own grandparents. She was with me for over 20 years and I don't know what I would have done without her.

So, in other words, there are some lonely older people out there who would love to do this.

She was part of our family and her own family thanked us for taking such good care of her when she passed away. (She actually worked up till the day she passed away - had a stroke). She was 88, looked great and wanted to go on her own terms. She did.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 4,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz2525 View Post
I'm having a hard time finding a good infant daycare either close to my job or close to home. My husband travels frequently and since I have one child doing extremely well in preschool in Boca (off 441 & Yamato) and I work on Yamato, I'm trying to decide if I should have my infant (on the way) near work or closer to home in Wellington.

The reason for this is when my husband is home, he can pick up the baby while I pick up our son. I imagine both facilities will close at 6pm. When he IS traveling however, I will be a basket case trying to get to 2 schools in Boca and Wellington by 6pm (unless I just tell my boss I have to leave early when my husband isn't around)... and it seems as if the infant daycares in Boca are too $$$$$.

So someone suggested a nanny so I don't have to worry about rushing to a daycare to pick up my baby who'll probably be about 2 months old when we have to put him in daycare. Problem is, I have NO idea where to start in Wellington or anyplace else for that matter... These generic Nanny Service websites give me the willies. Can anyone recommend a service or even a person that we could possibly interview? We really only need someone to take care of the baby 3 days per week full-time (9am - 6pm).

Thanks for any suggestions!
Hi Bette,
I am in the same situation like you were before,please advise me on what you eventually did.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach