Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2009, 12:34 PM

3 posts, read 10,005 times

Advertisements

I know theres a similiar post, but my demographics are way different.. Me and my fiancee are in are late 20's.. two kids 6 and 8.. .. want an area thats not too too uppity and not the ghetto..My kids are biracial, so I want "some" diversity.. I grew up in pompano and hialeah so some people may think some areas are more ghetto than I..lol.. but my job is in west palm beach and I hate west palm- want to move as far south out of pbc as possible, but have to stay pretty close to 95 b/c of job...so delray, boca, or deerfield? and what areas of them.. cant stay too too far out west
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 02:13 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
Have you checked out Boynton? The area right around Congress and Gateway sounds like it could be a good fit for your situation. Good amount of diversity, not too uppity, and most parts west of 95 are good areas. It's only 10-15 minutes from West Palm too.
Are you looking to rent or buy?

Old 06-30-2009, 02:19 PM

3 posts, read 10,005 times
To rent.. and I actually live off gateway and 95 right now..lol.. I do like all the restaurants and shops right there, but I dont know- I need to be further south..maybe b/c I grew up further south(though I moved as a teenager) and Boynton has quite a bit of older people for my taste..It just seems there are more things to do further south.. esp. kids wise

Old 07-02-2009, 06:39 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times
I live in Boca and am 30 with no kids. There is some upty as you would call it here but overall I would think it is a nice place to have a family and I have heard the schools are good. There are plenty of shops,extra activities,restaurants. The other place I have rented is Wellington which is closer to West Palm. That seemed younger but safe and also with plenty of things to do.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:24 AM

593 posts, read 1,915,639 times
why do you want out of west palm? i am thinking to go from pompano to west palm because it seems like there is so much more to do. boca is dull imo. delray is great, but i haven't heard of a great east public elementary.

I am 30ish with a second grader looking for an east end relocation o the same type as you.

what is there to do in south county? maybe i am not giving it a fair shake?

personally, i grew up int eh 33432 zip code and if i could afford it still i owuld not mind moving back there, is east boca, decent school

Old 07-03-2009, 09:18 AM

4 posts, read 13,316 times
Bocamom-
I just cant stand PB county- not diverisified enough- I dont know..no mall.. no YMCA.. no good parks maybe its because I grew up down south-but EVERYONE I know thats from broward or dade that has lived here in WPB..moved back.. they said its too slow for them.. the "suburbs" of wpb have stuff to do like PBG, Wellington.. but thats either too far north or too far west.. at least further south they have kids stuff.. butterfly world, quiet waters, better beaches, better parks, etc... I have heard Banyan Lakes in Delray is good.. esp. the gifted program..

Old 07-03-2009, 08:19 PM

593 posts, read 1,915,639 times
yeah, I heard good things about them, too. i am sticking here for now, with the beach and the Y,

but do think the norton, the kravis, citiplace, clematis, etc, it all looked like fun to me. but i am single, so i may see it differently

the school board did point me at banyan lakes, but i didn't see much info on it

you can live on highland beach and get sent to the gifted program there. highland beach isn't exactly full of kids but it is a nice beach and very close to everything you seem to want

Old 07-04-2009, 08:03 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocomilk View Post
Bocamom-
I just cant stand PB county- not diverisified enough- I dont know..no mall.. no YMCA.. no good parks maybe its because I grew up down south-but EVERYONE I know thats from broward or dade that has lived here in WPB..moved back.. they said its too slow for them.. the "suburbs" of wpb have stuff to do like PBG, Wellington.. but thats either too far north or too far west.. at least further south they have kids stuff.. butterfly world, quiet waters, better beaches, better parks, etc... I have heard Banyan Lakes in Delray is good.. esp. the gifted program..

Hmmm.... not sure I agree with you here.

West Palm Beach has a YMCA (actually, it's in "Palm Springs", which is a small town just west of WPB's actual boundaries).

Not diversified enough? People wise, I can't think of a more diverse area in the county than the actual city of West Palm Beach --- tons of Latinos, blacks, and whites.

As for boring.... Families here are local to the zoo, the science museum, the beach, Howard Park, a skate park (at South Olive), Norton museum, everything on Palm Beach Island (such as the Society of the Four Arts gardens).... Ice skating rink in Lake Worth, Cityplace (which is a mall), the Gardens Mall 15 minutes away... Worth Avenue..... Okeeheelee Park west on Okeechobee Blvd -- with a nature preserve, paddle boats, BMX bike track, trails, golf.....

Ah well, to each his own!

Old 07-04-2009, 03:08 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times
I passed by a YMCA in Boca I think. I don't know though if I would call Boca diversed but when I was in West Palm it seemed more. I think I want to take my mom to the lion safari in WP when she comes. We did that as a kid and it looks fun now too. I know that is off topic. I guess my thought is a lot depends if you are single,with kids,working,retired etc what will fit ones needs and likes in an area. On a side note maybe it is different in FL but I am from MI originally and people drive like an hour for a zoo or to go to the boat club. So if one lives in Boca or Delray driving though not ideal may not be that big of deal if it is on the weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach