U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2009, 08:48 AM

11 posts, read 52,797 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a condo either in Palm Beach Gardens or Jupiter (I'll be working in Palm Beach Gardens). Which communities are best? I'm a single girl in my 20s, so it has to be safe (especially since I'm not 100% familiar with the area...I'm moving from DC), and I'd like there to be other young people living there too, as I'll need to make new friends!! I think I want to rent a condo first, and then look into buying one if I end up liking my new job and the area. Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 09:43 AM

90 posts, read 213,657 times
Hey! I looove the Gardens! Lived there for 10 years. Basically, any place north of PGA is safe and nice, though the closer to the water, the better off you are in most cases. Avoid Northlake Boulevard like the plague. This is key.

To be honest, if you're looking for night life, I'd live downtown West Palm in City Place. There's a very good club/bar scene down there. The scene in the Gardens is definitely geared more towards families and the elderly. The commute from downtown to the Gardens is only about 20 minutes, and traffic is rarely bad.

If you do need to live in the Gardens, I'd stay very close to Downtown at the Gardens/the Gardens Mall. I forget the names of all those communities right there, but they are all new construction, very nice, and very convenient (2 minutes from the highway, right in the center of the shopping district, right on PGA boulevard, 5-7 minutes from the beach, very very nice all around).

Old 07-16-2009, 09:54 AM

11 posts, read 52,797 times
I do like nightlife, but I also have a dog, so I wanted a garden-style place, and not a high-rise. Plus, it seems like City Place is more expensive than parts of Jupiter/PBG...

Old 07-16-2009, 10:49 AM
m5*

166 posts, read 625,769 times
PBG:
All condos near the mall are great. Midtown and Legacy Place are nice also. There's a good mix in PBG and Jupiter. I lived in the area for 23 years, you won't be surrounded by the elderly by any means.

Jupiter:
Abacoa is great and is a really cool "planned community." There are also some beautiful places off of US1 down by the beach. Jupiter Ocean Racquet Club (JORC) is in a wonderful location. You'll also find tons of places around there that would most likely be a good bet for you.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:58 AM

90 posts, read 213,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beagleluvv View Post
I do like nightlife, but I also have a dog, so I wanted a garden-style place, and not a high-rise. Plus, it seems like City Place is more expensive than parts of Jupiter/PBG...
Definitely more expensive, and definitely not dog friendly. Yay! Haha I love when people move to PBG! It's truly a lovely little city. :-) The poster above me gave GREAT recommendations that I completely forgot, like Abacoa (awesome place if you have dogs or enjoy walking around...very walkable community.)

Old 07-16-2009, 12:55 PM

141 posts, read 433,541 times
beagle, you should also check out my thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/west-...h-gardens.html

since I am also looking for the same thing. some good reponses there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>