Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:28 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaBradfan View Post
Yes, you are indeed 'Not in Kansas anymore.' Florida is the playground for rip off artist. Please do yourself a favor and hire a real estate attorney, not tomorrow but today, before making another move or signing any more documents. Ask if the attorney is certified by the Florida Bar and ASK FOR PROOF. Walk away if he or she is not. You are a tiny tadpole swimming in the shark pool. But with the assistance of an attorney, the other parties will no longer be able to continue taking advantage of you. You cannot afford to think in terms of the expense of hiring an attorney. By hiring an attorney, you will save not only money in the long run, but the associated stress of being taken advantage of.
I don't think practicing without a license is very prevalent in Florida. Lawyers are quick to cut out any unauthorized competition!

And, no need to "ask for proof" --- just go to The Florida Bar HOME PAGE FLABAR ONLINE and click on "Find a Lawyer."

Type in the lawyer's name. It should show up. It will also tell you if that lawyer is eligible or ineligible to practice law anymore, and will tell you if they've received discipline within the last ten years.

In Palm Beach County, the SELLER of the home typically pays for and selects a title agency. However, lawyers may be willing to review contracts and help you out as a buyer if you tell them you will steer the closing to their offices or title company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 05:45 PM

315 posts, read 776,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
It was a combination of both, but the broker and the sellers agent are
who who we are filing against. Our agent assumed the deal was done
and took off to Europe after we signed the contract leaving us at the
mercy of the sellers agent and broker. Basically, to give a Cliff Notes
version, our FlaBar contract specified -->ALL<-- HOA documents were
to be handed over within three days of contract. We did get some
documents, one was a thick package that required a lot of signatures
and also a generic sheet the realtors give to perspective buyers
explaining some of the rules like parking ,etc..... 10 days after the
signing of the contract, we do an inspection and the 'real' HOA manifest
is on the kitchen table and the agent wants us to sign a paper
saying we got it. Huh ??!? Its huge and filled with stuff that is
unacceptable to us. We cancel the contract but under threat of
lawsuit from seller, we waive our right to deposit and fees. We have
no council or representation to help us out with this. Later, after
consulting a legal agency, they agree with my assessment that the
sellers agent and broker broke the contract on the fourth day by not
presenting the 'real' Covenant within the three days specified by
the contract THEY signed off on, making anything after that null
and void, including the waiver. Other realtors I spoke to also
said they get the actual, big covenant right up front, before even
drawing up a contract so this stuff doesn't happen. Im angry the
sellers agent and broker withheld the big book but sent over the
other stuff. This to me is premeditated deception.
No offense partner, but unless there was a huge conspiracy to keep the fact the home you bought was in a HOA, you really don't have a leg to stand on. Under most contracts and even with the courts, it is viewed as a courtesy to provide you with the HOA covenants. If they are not provided to you, it is your obligation to contact the HOA and review them.

You back out of a deal at the 12th hour, right before singing. I doubt you get your earnest money back and you can expect a counter suit, in my opinion.

I'm not trying to be offensive, but unless you're leaving out quite a bit of information, I don't see the case.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:29 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamHarman View Post
No offense partner, but unless there was a huge conspiracy to keep the fact the home you bought was in a HOA, you really don't have a leg to stand on. Under most contracts and even with the courts, it is viewed as a courtesy to provide you with the HOA covenants.
Im aware of the rule you speak of but our realtor specifically wrote
'ALL' documents into the contract. I did leave some stuff out, but
I dont want to put any more here. We have email and phone records
and the contract we are using. I know its chancy but other advice-
information Ive gotten says we do have a chance of recouping some
funds. Ive bought and sold houses in PA and Vermont a few times
over so Im familiar with the process, I just never expected the
sleaze factor we got here and was caught off-guard. Its for the
better though actually, so even if we lose we still sort of won.
Im very disappointed in the professionalism(lack) we experienced
for our agents broker and the sellers agent and broker. It was not
a big commission sale, it was very obvious both parties just went
through the motions with minimal effort.
Oh well...

Old 09-06-2009, 11:18 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times
Hi. I rent but when I moved from out of state I used a realtor and this is my 2nd one as I have rented 2 places one was short term and now a year. Anyhow they were from major companies. If I can help it from now on I will not go through a realtor again. The follow up I am recieving since I go through the realtors for repairs etc is awful. I am not saying this is all realtors. If you can find one based on someone who had a good experience I think that is the best. It is so odd to me cause I know realtors don't make a lot of rentals but they do want referals so I don't get it. I would begin by looking on realtor.com or craigslist if just a rental. Buying home I can see where a realtor would be needed more.
Skylinet you seem like you are a hardworker. I have noticed a few other realtors post on here and then disapear.At first I saw it as only a sales technique but you offer good advice as well so I hope you do get some business.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:44 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
Skylinet you seem like you are a hardworker. I have noticed a few other realtors post on here and then disapear.At first I saw it as only a sales technique but you offer good advice as well so I hope you do get some business.
Thanks! I work 50-60 hours a week while many realtors only work like 20-30. I've worked with a few people from the forums and it has turned out very well for the most part. I've tried not to be the cheesy spamming type realtor that people hate.
Most realtors do rentals as a favor, some do it as there main business. If you can rent from the complex it can have it benefits as far as ease of repairs etc.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:08 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,532,935 times
skyinlet has proven to be a help here. He knows not to cross the line and advertise........he respects the Terms of Service.

Other Realtors would do well to emulate his posts. In return for his helpful posts, I believe he has gained some business from here. As long as Realtors respect the Terms of service they are welcome here.

Sadly, for every helpful, TOS abiding Realtor we get here, I end up infracting or deleting 3-4 of them.

Frank

Old 11-19-2009, 12:08 PM

475 posts, read 1,498,508 times
I would recommend David Mutters, he is very professional and I would not hestitate to recommend him.

David Mutters, CCIM, CRS http://www.jupiterproperties.com/703797w/images/logo2.gif (broken link) Tel: 561.371.7023

Old 01-25-2010, 11:48 PM

17 posts, read 48,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
I'm always here to help, I have helped a few people from here.
Do you work with renters or just buyers? If not renters, do you have a suggestion for a rental agent. I have a unique situation that may be difficult...

Old 01-26-2010, 04:40 AM

475 posts, read 1,498,508 times
Yes, Mr. Mutters is excellent and honest. I have known him a number of years, he sold many homes in the HOA I managed. He was one of the few realtors who had everything in order and the house was ready for inspection. Good luck

[SIZE=3]David Mutters and Judi Collins - Arvida Realty[/SIZE]
David Mutters, CCIM, CRS Coldwell Banker 902 S US HWY 1. Jupiter, FL 33477. Office 561-748-6310 561-748-6310. Cell 561-371-7023 561-371-7023. Fax 561-744-1694 ...
Untitled Document - Similar

Old 01-26-2010, 08:06 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriella317 View Post
Do you work with renters or just buyers? If not renters, do you have a suggestion for a rental agent. I have a unique situation that may be difficult...
I work primarily with buyers, but have assisted people in finding a rental before.
Your situation will be tough, the small dogs shouldn't be a problem, but the large dog will be and issue. I only found 2 places that might work for you. DM for more info.

Last edited by skylinet; 01-26-2010 at 08:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach