Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2016, 07:55 AM

8 posts, read 8,141 times

Advertisements

Hello city-data. My wife and I (26yo, no kids)am moving to WPB in August. Her mother lives in Jupiter and we have visited a few times and have had a chance to look around and explore. We were down there around New Years looking at apartments and have found one located in the Haverhill area called Seasons 704 ($1200ish/month)seems to be nice in a generally safe area. I have lived in West Virginia my whole life the town I grew up in is poor and ruined by prescription drug abuse and heroine and seems to be a shooting once a week these days. Very little people her btw, too few for weekly shootings. The only industry here(coal mines) are all closing down so no money to be made. We hate the snow. So we decided we were moving to the beach where it's hot and beautiful. I have work my wife through PTA school and save money over the past 2 years, She graduated and takes her boards in July and we will move right after she finds a job. I am going back to school after 1 year to get in state tuition at PalmBeach State. I have never moved and don't know what to expect things I need to get done things to maybe be aware of. Any points tips thoughts ideas greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 10:21 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
That area is a bit run down. Did you sign a lease?

Old 04-14-2016, 02:36 PM

I live in West Virginia, lol I'm not sure you know what run down is. Lol but honestly it's a gated appartment complex and I currently drive 20 min to the nearest walmart. Would there be another area within better fit without increasing price? I have also looked in lake worth since I plan to go to school there (possibly the palm beach gardens campus) and it seems to be more expensive

Last edited by cam_blev; 04-14-2016 at 03:00 PM..

Old 04-15-2016, 06:55 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
It just doesn't border on a very good part of town. I mean, it's up to your comfort level but there has to be other options?

Are you looking for 1br or 2br?

If you need a central location for more affordable prices I'd check out the Villages area. There are a dozen or so apartment complexes, and only 2-3 that I would steer clear from.

Old 04-18-2016, 04:51 PM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It just doesn't border on a very good part of town. I mean, it's up to your comfort level but there has to be other options?

If you need a central location for more affordable prices I'd check out the Villages area. There are a dozen or so apartment complexes, and only 2-3 that I would steer clear from.
This Guy's the WPB expert.

I'd listen.

Best of luck!

Old 04-18-2016, 05:48 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,419,564 times
Agreed. I live near him and his advice is spot-on.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:34 PM

We are looking for a 1 br we liked the place we are looking at partly because it's all hardwood except the br and has a dog park. The appartment complex is gated. We did look in the villages while there but it seemed more expensive and the one place affordable was carpet. My dog is well trained of course but accidents can always happen and I personally just think carpet is sketchy in an appartment. We will probably end up with a 1 year lease so we will be able to learn the area a bit and possibly make another move a year later but who wants that trouble if it's not needed.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:32 PM

63 posts, read 91,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

I live 5 minutes away from where he plans on staying and it isn't as bad as Old Northwood where I work which probably one of the top worse places in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach