U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 01:36 PM

6 posts, read 18,502 times

Advertisements

pardon me, if you want very good quality cheap homes in Florida and don't mind the cold,
Pensacola has very good deals!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 05:42 PM

466 posts, read 817,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post
What is the price of homes/land in St Augustine compared to PBC/Wellington? Been there on vacation and just looked VERY pretty!

Wellington will be more expensive. It is still considered a world hub for polo and other equestrian sports. As long as that is the case Wellington will be pricey.......... and WORTH IT !

Old 08-20-2009, 07:54 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,111,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
Wellington will be more expensive. It is still considered a world hub for polo and other equestrian sports. As long as that is the case Wellington will be pricey.......... and WORTH IT !
You can live in Wellington on a budget, just go over to Greenview Shores and Wellington Trace and check out the beautiful duplexes.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:12 AM

15 posts, read 28,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
You can live in Wellington on a budget, just go over to Greenview Shores and Wellington Trace and check out the beautiful duplexes.
Great advice. Why you don't talk about the fourplexes across the street? With 10 people living in 2 bedrooms?

Old 08-21-2009, 08:43 AM

16,500 posts, read 14,050,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800acess View Post
Great advice. Why you don't talk about the fourplexes across the street? With 10 people living in 2 bedrooms?
Because they're talking about Greenview Shores and Wellington Trace, that's why. Anyone can just click on your screen name and see that you just love writing negativity. It's clear - you don't like it here. Fine.
I can't believe that the moderators haven't stopped you from doing it.

Heck, while I'm here, let me add that Wellington is a TERRIFIC place (well, it IS!)...and it's safe and clean and modern. Tons of GREAT shops and restaurants....less crime than most surrounding towns/cities!
People who live in Wellington are very lucky.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:34 AM

156 posts, read 667,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post
What is the price of homes/land in St Augustine compared to PBC/Wellington? Been there on vacation and just looked VERY pretty!
You can get a home here a 3br/2ba home for about $190K right now if you look carefully, taxes will be about $3k or so a year. Most neighborhoods have hoa or cdd fees of about $2K but that includes all of your amenities like pool, workout gym, tennis, etc. For us, it is well worth the money!!

Old 08-29-2009, 08:29 PM

4,033 posts, read 9,227,043 times
I would not buy in Wellington b/c it is on the decline. Crime is increasing and, while the schools are better in comparison to other PBCounty schools, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are good. I would say that they are fair, at best.
Also, homes are built on very small lots and are not of the best construction. Even the "million dollar homes" admit water during hurricanes. And although home prices have declined, they are still overpriced.
I agree with looking for something farther north. I have heard that St. Augustine is beautiful--tradional and charming, the way Florida used to be, they seem to have been able to preserve a lot of their historic heritage.
By contrast, Wellington is very new (>50 years old.) IMHO, it is very devoid of character, and consists of concrete and palm trees.
Moreover, it is overrun with elitist horsy-types in the winter who distinguish themselves from year-round residents (I have often heard them refer to "townies" as "they" and never in a positive light, although I doubt they would say it to someone's face.)
And as another poster pointed out, there are lots of restrictions (i.e. HOA fees, leash laws, etc.) than in places like Loxahatchee (where you have more freedom and independence wrt your property but fewer amenities.)
If I were to buy, I would definitely buy farther north.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
I would not buy in Wellington b/c it is on the decline. Crime is increasing and, while the schools are better in comparison to other PBCounty schools, that doesn't necessarily mean that they are good. I would say that they are fair, at best.
Also, homes are built on very small lots and are not of the best construction. Even the "million dollar homes" admit water during hurricanes. And although home prices have declined, they are still overpriced.
I agree with looking for something farther north. I have heard that St. Augustine is beautiful--tradional and charming, the way Florida used to be, they seem to have been able to preserve a lot of their historic heritage.
By contrast, Wellington is very new (>50 years old.) IMHO, it is very devoid of character, and consists of concrete and palm trees.
Moreover, it is overrun with elitist horsy-types in the winter who distinguish themselves from year-round residents (I have often heard them refer to "townies" as "they" and never in a positive light, although I doubt they would say it to someone's face.)
And as another poster pointed out, there are lots of restrictions (i.e. HOA fees, leash laws, etc.) than in places like Loxahatchee (where you have more freedom and independence wrt your property but fewer amenities.)
If I were to buy, I would definitely buy farther north.

I have been DEEPLY involved with the Town then City of Wellington for over twenty years. I disagree with every single syllable you wrote.

It sounds like Wellington is just not your kind of town but lies and exaggerations are not called for.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:48 PM

4,033 posts, read 9,227,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
I have been DEEPLY involved with the Town then City of Wellington for over twenty years. I disagree with every single syllable you wrote.

It sounds like Wellington is just not your kind of town but lies and exaggerations are not called for.
I am entitled to my opinion. And need I remind you that personal attacks are not allowed on this forum. Calling me a liar or saying that I am exagerrating b/c you disagree with me is what is uncalled for.
What I would like to know is how someone who is so "deeply involved" with Wellington doesn't even know that it is not a city, but a village?
And yet, I haven't called you one single name or made even one accusation against you, have I? It doesn't surprise me that you live in Wellington. In fact, you've given the OP a great example of why he/she should not buy or live there.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:14 PM

I was referring to Wellington incorporating and breaking off from West Palm Beach.

All of the houses are NOT concrete and the ones that are concrete are covered with stucco or clapboard.

There are many VERY large pieces of land with multiple polo fields, barns, turnout pastures and large homes. You just haven't ever had the chance to see this.

The Wellington Mall is on the fringe of Wellington and not positioned in a residential area.

Again ! Don't write about what you don't know about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach