Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 09:43 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,160 times

Advertisements

I bought in the Welllington area for affordability. We lived in Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens for years and really liked it but a similar house to what we got in Wellington would have been $50+ more a sqft.
It's actually a very convenient area with easy turnpike access, and Southern takes you to 95 quickly. There's plenty of good restaurants, and lots of shopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 07:57 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,895 times
I would not. We always want to be (in Florida) closer to the ocean in south Florida and Wellington too far. Also, we have heard from numerous dfs there that bugs, mosquitos far worse.

Nothing beats being able to drive or bike to the north county beaches, pull up to it, unpack and be on the beach. In less than 10 minutes. Heaven..... for us anyway....

Old 01-23-2014, 12:52 PM

499 posts, read 586,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 071402 View Post
I would not. We always want to be (in Florida) closer to the ocean in south Florida and Wellington too far. Also, we have heard from numerous dfs there that bugs, mosquitos far worse.

Nothing beats being able to drive or bike to the north county beaches, pull up to it, unpack and be on the beach. In less than 10 minutes. Heaven..... for us anyway....

I was wondering about bugs and mosquitos. Please, tell me more about that!

071402 - What area(s) would you suggest? I would love to be a little closer to the beach but hubby and I got really spooked after Superstorm Sandy hit last year. Where I live in CT, nearly 1/2 the town was underwater for days. We never, ever saw widespread destruction and devastation like that. Ironically, our town is 15 feet above sea level which is same as Wellington, but I can't imagine the ocean coming that far into FL.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:04 AM

I've never had an issue with bugs and mosquitoes other than the tiny sugar ants when we first moved in. We live on a small pond as well.
I don't live deep into Wellington so it only takes fifteen-twenty minutes to get to a beach.
The forums are a great place for people talking about what they've heard and not necessarily what they've experienced...

Old 01-24-2014, 08:20 AM

499 posts, read 586,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
I've never had an issue with bugs and mosquitoes other than the tiny sugar ants when we first moved in. We live on a small pond as well.
I don't live deep into Wellington so it only takes fifteen-twenty minutes to get to a beach.
The forums are a great place for people talking about what they've heard and not necessarily what they've experienced...
Glad to hear that bugs are not a big problem. We would like to live about 20 minutes from the beach also -same as here in CT, except we could go to the beach year-round vs only a few months of the year. Thanks for your reply!

We would really like to spend around $200 - 250,000 and keep mortgage payments low. Not sure how realistic this is for Wellington. Any other decent areas in this price range? I was looking at Flamingo Park - what a wonderful, charming area - so rich in history and close to the beach! So confused

Old 01-24-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
People we know well, and trust talk of the bug problem all the time. Best to check out for yourself op, a broker may tell you on here differently.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCTtoFL View Post
I was wondering about bugs and mosquitos. Please, tell me more about that!

071402 - What area(s) would you suggest? I would love to be a little closer to the beach but hubby and I got really spooked after Superstorm Sandy hit last year. Where I live in CT, nearly 1/2 the town was underwater for days. We never, ever saw widespread destruction and devastation like that. Ironically, our town is 15 feet above sea level which is same as Wellington, but I can't imagine the ocean coming that far into FL.
DM me. Good luck--- in any case. Sandy was horrible (our apartment was there), so I feel your concern!!!!

Old 01-24-2014, 12:36 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Glad to hear that bugs are not a big problem. We would like to live about 20 minutes from the beach also -same as here in CT, except we could go to the beach year-round vs only a few months of the year. Thanks for your reply!

We would really like to spend around $200 - 250,000 and keep mortgage payments low. Not sure how realistic this is for Wellington. Any other decent areas in this price range? I was looking at Flamingo Park - what a wonderful, charming area - so rich in history and close to the beach! So confused

I live in Flamingo Park and it's nothing like Wellington. Night and day lifestyle wise, and way more expensive per square foot. (But, obviously I live here for a reason).

200-250 is honestly more realistic in Wellington than Flamingo Park, though there's one or two smaller homes within that price range right now.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:

Wellington, Royal Palm, and West Lake Worth would probably give you the most options for homes fitting your price point that are of decent size and zoned for good schools. There are other communities closer to the beach, but you'll probably be looking a smaller home then.
Homes in this price range have increased in value considerably over the past year and half, and inventory is pretty scarce right now.
Do you plan on renting for awhile to get to know the areas?

Old 03-27-2014, 12:58 PM

4 posts, read 7,652 times
What beaches do Wellington residents go to and far away are they? I've been looking for a small place there for awhile but we like the beach and it seems a bit far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach