Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2007, 10:16 AM

4 posts, read 13,072 times

Advertisements

Hi
I have moved to West Palm Beach and I need to pick a brain .

I’d like to find a couple of night spots where a 52 year old can go out and listen to live music ….

I’m not into this club thing. I would like the cover charge to be reasonable and also the drink prices….and of course I would like the opportunity to be around people of my own age.

The music could be rock n’ roll or country….and in fact I guess it doesn’t have to be “live,” but that would be great. If you have any ideas, and think you can help please respond. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 10:50 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,393,781 times
Hi there,

Have you been to "Clematis by Night" every Thursday evening on Clematis St. downtown? Live music every week and free. Mixed ages crowd.

Here is a link to some of the live music restaurants in West Palm Beach:

http://www.10best.com/Palm_Beach_;_W...sic/index.html

Boca Raton:

http://www.10best.com/Boca_Raton/Nig...ife/index.html

Don't know about average age though!

Old 12-30-2007, 09:49 PM

2 posts, read 9,407 times
Nightlife Spot: The Pavilion Grille

The Pavilion Grille is new on the dance scene and should not be missed.

It boasts a romantic atrium setting that should please your date. If you can dance, she will be impressed. If not, thankfully, it has one of the greatest wine lists in Boca.

Latin and Ballroom Dancing is held every Wednesday night at 7:00PM till 11:00PM.

Big band, swing nights are scheluded once a month. Contact them for more info.

The Pavillion Grille - 301 Yamato Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431
Inside of the Stonegate Bank Building
301 Yamato Road, Boca Raton

Theme: Eating and Drinking
Dress Code: Casual except for Big Band Nights
Phone: 561 912 0000
Address: 301 Yamato Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431
Directions: Inside of the Stonegate Building

Old 08-30-2009, 07:56 AM

2 posts, read 7,812 times
Thanks for the ideas. I just move down here from NY The city that never sleeps. It seems this "city" if you want to call it that, goes to sleep really early. I am not into the early bird specials either. Dinner for me is the earliest 7:00 PM- a real challenge when trying to make new friends.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:10 AM

2 posts, read 7,812 times
Is there any place that doesn't play Oldies and Do-OP big band. Is ther any music from this century?

Old 08-30-2009, 09:46 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,393,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLuft1 View Post
Thanks for the ideas. I just move down here from NY The city that never sleeps. It seems this "city" if you want to call it that, goes to sleep really early. I am not into the early bird specials either. Dinner for me is the earliest 7:00 PM- a real challenge when trying to make new friends.
Cityplace on most weekdays and on the weekends has many different dining/drinking/music options. Taverna Opa gets clubby after dark on the weekends, and there's a blues club opening soon in Cityplace.

During "season" you can head on over to Palm Beach, where Cucina turns club-ish as well, with music and drinks.

Downtown Lake Worth has some neat restaurants and clubs with live music as well.

Remember: West Palm Beach population = only 100k!! The vibe is much more laid back. Usually there are a lot more people though from October - April. Hopefully the economy doesn't keep people from enjoying season.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:44 AM

593 posts, read 1,915,783 times
If the economy doesn't, the flu virus might. i just had a friend in health care tell me to stay in my isolated location and consider home schooling through this flu season. wow. so even if we get through with no hurricane and people continue to spend on going out in this area despite the economic restraints many are under, we might find that people stop going out to avoid the deadly pandemic.

But to the point: there's plenty to do but music generally ends earlier than you are used to. perhaps you should just try conforming to the earlier hour. You are still within a completely average age range for lots of the music events, i did live music promotions for many years and you are a main target market, to 50 year old man buys a lot of concert tickets and the proprieters who have been around a while know that. Even a young place like respectables has a clientele in their 40s and 50s too!! Yah, its a minority segment but still represented

Old 08-30-2009, 01:44 PM

466 posts, read 928,336 times
How about the Bamboo Room in Lake Worth. They have Jazz musicians playing there often that are very famous.

Yes, and BB Kings new jazz club at City Place looks very promising.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:07 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,030,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLuft1 View Post
Dinner for me is the earliest 7:00 PM- a real challenge when trying to make new friends.
Weekdays? That is pretty late. don't forget that most businesses open between 8 and 8:30 in Florida. In NY I find most places open at 9.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach