U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 06:47 PM

691 posts, read 2,245,557 times

Advertisements

For those of you who remember, this killer, is now attending college in New York, at Pace University. Not on house arrest, not in jail, still has a drivers license. Is it because his family is rich? Has his father paid off people? If any story demands accountability from Palm Beach Public officials it is this one, which has been conveniently swept under the rug, it is not even reported in the Palm Beach Post.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • 17-year-old Beruch Yonas Zegeye charged in fatal crash in Florida
  • Police said Zegeye was driving a Porsche at a speed of 79 mph in the 45 mph zone when he hit the back of a Toyota Yaris which was stopped at a red light
  • A 45-year-old Domino's Pizza deliveryman was killed in the crash
  • The driver of the third car, a Dodge Intrepid, remains in critical condition
  • Zegeye had a blood alcohol level of 0.072 percent, the report said. That is above the legal limit of 0.02 percent for drivers younger than 21
  • The accused is son of Dr. Yonas Zegeye, a Baltimore neurosurgeon
  • Beruch Yonas Zegeye attends The Benjamin School in North Palm Beach, FL where annual tuition costs $20,500 for Grades 9-12 according to the school's website
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 03:36 AM

427 posts, read 1,170,094 times
Hmm.. this story caught my eye so i did some research but was wondering if you had anymore details. Do you know what happened at the trial, or if he did any jail time at all? I found that he was tried as an adult and the max penalty was 40 years in prison but i couldn't find anything else. Surely there has to be a lawsuit in progress from the surviving victim in the intrepid, but i couldn't find any info on that either. To be fair on assessment here people walk away from dui cases all the time, but these are the simple dui's where they get pulled over by an officer, not where felony dui manslaughter, vehicular homicide, dui causing serious bodily injury, and reckless driving have occured. Not to mention the underage drinking aspect of the crimes committed also and the fact that there were witnesses. They did a really nice job of keeping this all hush hush, there is more to this whole thing than they want the public to know and i'd be willing to bet that big money has a say in it.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:15 AM

691 posts, read 2,245,557 times
This story is so outrageous. It is because of his family, who is loaded. Recently in Miami, Stallworth. NFL player, got 30 DAYS, for killing someone with a DUI. And this kid, is basically getting off for killing someone, injuring another person, with NOTHING. If anything states MANDATORY sentences/charging in Florida, these recent cases do. It seems that if you have enough money, having a DUI is nothing. Killing someone while driving drunk, no big deal.

No one cares. And this rich kid, who killed a man who was out working, delivering pizza, is now going to college in New York...no consequences at all, and just letting time go by, "the perpetrator WAIVED his right to a speedy trial" HELLO, why not, how long can a trial be strung out? He is not even CHARGED yet. Why not? This is so outrageous. And "hushed" up everywhere.

Last edited by kek1993; 09-30-2009 at 04:15 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 12-01-2010, 04:04 PM

18,842 posts, read 35,642,528 times
Beruch Zegeye | Palm Beach & South Florida gossip & celebrity news | Jose Lambiet

Update: Killer finally pleads guilty! But, still...the judge gives him until after the holidays for sentencing. I can't wait to see what this criminal will get. I have no idea...

1. Probation?
2. 10 years prison time?
3. He flees and is a now show?
4. Anyone's guess?

Old 12-01-2010, 07:56 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,349,084 times
Spoiled rich kid, plenty of those here...he will probably get probation. Regardless he will have to live with what he did for the rest of his life, that alone is not worth all the tea in China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach