Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 07:03 AM

6 posts, read 23,499 times

Advertisements

My family ~ husband, myself and 3 children ages 17, 16 & 5 are wanting to leave CT for FL. Looking into Boca Raton. We both work from home so employement is not an issue.
Looking for great schools.....easy lifestyle. Great shopping and restaurants and close to beaches....is Boca for us or any other sugguestions...

Thank you in advance for any help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 07:13 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,369,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi4 View Post
My family ~ husband, myself and 3 children ages 17, 16 & 5 are wanting to leave CT for FL. Looking into Boca Raton. We both work from home so employement is not an issue.
Looking for great schools.....easy lifestyle. Great shopping and restaurants and close to beaches....is Boca for us or any other sugguestions...

Thank you in advance for any help
Kim we moved to West Boca in June and love it....my son is a Freshman in HS and attends West Boca HS, and is in the Business Academy and is doing great...We are extremely happy with the schools, as we have another child in 4th Grade at Waters Edge Elem and also we are very happy so far with her education. We love the location as it is near tons of shopping, Hospital, Highways and the Mall....if you have any questions pls feel free to DM me...

We moved from NC, however we are from NYC and lived in NJ for 10 years....We are very happy we made the move...

good luck

Old 10-14-2009, 07:20 AM

Default Thank you....

I appreciate the reply....Is all of Boca close to the beach? How is the traffic? Is all of Boca safe? Or do you feel there are some areas I should stay away from?

Sorry for so many questions....

Old 10-14-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
I appreciate the reply....Is all of Boca close to the beach? How is the traffic? Is all of Boca safe? Or do you feel there are some areas I should stay away from?

Sorry for so many questions....
it takes us about 20 min to the beach, its really no big deal...We prefer West Boca just for location and schools....We feel safe where we are yes...You ALWAYS need to know your surroundings no matter where u are....We like the people in West Boca, my kids are very active and have alot of friends...dh and I have met some wonderful new friends thru our kids, and we socialize with some of our neighbors as well....We are renting and will continue to rent as we spend time in other communities that we also like besides the one we currently live in....

Old 10-14-2009, 07:52 AM

are there any areas in boca that are closer to the beaches? are the beaches nice?

Old 10-14-2009, 08:10 AM

the beaches are really nice here...there are parts of boca closer to the beach but again we choose this area because of the schools and community and that is what made our decision...

Old 10-14-2009, 09:43 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,224 times
Quote:
are there any areas in boca that are closer to the beaches? are the beaches nice?
yes, the incorporated area (downtown) of boca raton is much closer to the beaches. However you do not get as much home for your dollar and property taxes are higher.
We are currently renting in East boca but will probably buy a home west.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:02 AM

Thank you for your input. What is your feeling on Boca in general? A lot of traffic, etc?

Old 10-14-2009, 10:07 AM

our feeling on Boca is its a very nice place to raise a family...Community/sub division will be a big factor on how u feel about people, most of the developments where we are really have some nice down to earth people..my son has a few friends that live in Boca City Limits beautiful homes and neighborhood however just not our cup of tea...We have really met for the most part very nice people and down to earth...Not much more to say depending on what you are looking for...the traffic is rough on 441 during rush hour but my dh says nothing compared to up north...Traffic is Traffic where every u go here in South Florida....since you dont need to commute it shouldnt matter too much....

Old 10-15-2009, 06:37 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,446 times
To me Boca in the winter vs Boca spring/summer is different cause of the snow birds in the winter. There is way more traffic and busy in general at restaurants/stores. It is safe but there are patches that are older and I got less of a good feel about. You will know it when you see it though. I have heard the schools are good though for the most part. The development I am in is not down to earth at all so I agree that it will vary a lot and also ages. Some areas are more family oriented vs snow birds which are older. I think it would be nice for kids to be down the street if you had a family. Where I am at I have seen very few and only for a visit. Well good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach