Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-21-2009, 08:48 AM
 
Location: Tampa Bay Area Florida
7,937 posts, read 20,269,132 times
Reputation: 2026

Advertisements

Hey anyone know about these schools?

Calusea Elem and Omni Middle? any input would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-22-2009, 11:58 AM
 
2 posts, read 2,972 times
Reputation: 10
Omni is a HUGE Middle School.....
Calusea is a better place.....
trust me, I teach in the area--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 03:47 PM
 
Location: Tampa Bay Area Florida
7,937 posts, read 20,269,132 times
Reputation: 2026
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58rcm View Post
Omni is a HUGE Middle School.....
Calusea is a better place.....
trust me, I teach in the area--
so these are good schools? I only know from my schools here in West Boca so I couldnt have been any help to my friend...I heard excellent things about both schools from some parents at my son's Club Swim...he swims for Pine Crest as does my daughter

they are from NY so they are used to HUGE....lol

is Omni a good middle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 12:23 PM
 
2 posts, read 2,972 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
so these are good schools? I only know from my schools here in West Boca so I couldnt have been any help to my friend...I heard excellent things about both schools from some parents at my son's Club Swim...he swims for Pine Crest as does my daughter

they are from NY so they are used to HUGE....lol

is Omni a good middle?

Omni is a good school??? Let's do the math...... WELL over 1500 kids, age 11-14, under one roof...... Testosterone runs supreme (in boys this age often 7 times what they should normally have), their bodies are growing faster than at ANY time other than their first 3 years of life. I find it a wonder that they can even put one foot in front of the other (and I teach 'em!!!).

One SECOND they think like 2 year olds, the next 23 year olds, and the second after that like the 13 year olds that they are. Good rule of thumb for Middle Schools; the SMALLER the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2009, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Tampa Bay Area Florida
7,937 posts, read 20,269,132 times
Reputation: 2026
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58rcm View Post
Omni is a good school??? Let's do the math...... WELL over 1500 kids, age 11-14, under one roof...... Testosterone runs supreme (in boys this age often 7 times what they should normally have), their bodies are growing faster than at ANY time other than their first 3 years of life. I find it a wonder that they can even put one foot in front of the other (and I teach 'em!!!).

One SECOND they think like 2 year olds, the next 23 year olds, and the second after that like the 13 year olds that they are. Good rule of thumb for Middle Schools; the SMALLER the better.
No need to go into the male thing I have a son who is in HS and almost 15...and she has a son as well...He was in middle school that was beyond huge...I put her in touch with a few people I met thru my son's club swim, ....the size of the school doesnt matter to her again they are from NY...34 kids in a class so that wasnt what I was asking...and its funny my son's last middle school in another state had 1400 students it really wasnt a big deal...he did very very well...I know her kids they do well in school, but when your not here locally its a bit difficult....anyway she is happy with her decision so again thanks for your input...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:36 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top