Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 10:30 AM

159 posts, read 461,152 times

Advertisements

I am working in WPB and driving from Fort Myers (long haul) and was wondering if there are any nice apts. in Boynton Beach that don't cost an arm and leg. It is cheaper to live in Fort Myers but don't make as much money either. I want a safe area because I do have children and would like to be semi close to a beach. I don't think the school system could be any worse than over there so that's not so much a concern. Any honest help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 06:39 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,851 times
I am not sure how safe they are but when I asked on here they suggested Gateways and Florida Club. I looked at Gateways and actually the apt complex was nice and by a lot of stuff restaurant/shopping wise but I got mixed on the areas so maybe others will input on that. I drove around to see how I felt but basically every place in FL gives me mostly the same feel good and bad parts.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 AM

7 posts, read 85,802 times
look for heron pointe or ashley lakes the reserve !

Old 11-23-2009, 01:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,833 times
stoneybrook apts on boynton beach and jog is nice we used to live there, the area is safe to and lots of stores and restaurants near by. the elem school is good too as our daughter attends. we liked the area enough that we just had a house built near by. good luck!

Old 11-28-2009, 05:47 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow girl View Post
I am working in WPB and driving from Fort Myers (long haul) and was wondering if there are any nice apts. in Boynton Beach that don't cost an arm and leg. It is cheaper to live in Fort Myers but don't make as much money either. I want a safe area because I do have children and would like to be semi close to a beach. I don't think the school system could be any worse than over there so that's not so much a concern. Any honest help would be appreciated.

Long haul is an understatement....you do a 250 mile round trip commute...you didn't plan your relocation to Florida too well.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Long haul is an understatement....you do a 250 mile round trip commute...you didn't plan your relocation to Florida too well.
Didn't plan it that way it just happened because the hospital I was working at on the gulf side was doing things that I didn't want to do to risk my license so I gave that job up and started working over on Atlantic side because that's where I found a job! It won't be forever and I will either work on the gulf side again or move. That's why I'm asking about apts.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:26 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,160 times
As mentioned Florida Club is nice. Little further from the beach. I just found someone a good deal in Santa Cruz on Lawrence there was another 2/2 in there for 1100 a month and it's a newer (96ish) community bout 10 minutes to the beach.
There's a few decent complexes in the area though.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:41 AM

917 posts, read 2,615,281 times
Quote:
Didn't plan it that way it just happened because the hospital I was working at on the gulf side was doing things that I didn't want to do to risk my license so I gave that job up and started working over on Atlantic side because that's where I found a job! It won't be forever and I will either work on the gulf side again or move. That's why I'm asking about apts.
Wow, sorry to hear that, Rainbow girl. Did your husband and son make it down? I hope your family was together again for Thanksgiving.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
Wow, sorry to hear that, Rainbow girl. Did your husband and son make it down? I hope your family was together again for Thanksgiving.
No they're not here yet but me and my other kids are going back to Indiana for Christmas. Hopefully they will come down with us when we come back. I am still in Fort Myers and love my apt. and I did get a job in Fort Myers now so that's a little easier. I am trying to get them to change me to a seasonal employee so I can live here 6mos and in Indiana 6 mos a year. I miss my mom alot and she fell yesterday (she's 88) so I thought I was gonna have to go home but she was fine and didn't want me to come home. I do have grown kids there that are helping to look after her so it's a bittersweet move. The beach is awesome and we go alot. My little ones absolutely love it here and do not like to talk about going "home". We'll just see how it goes and I know it will all work out for the best. Thanks for asking. Have you heard anything from Chrissy, I sortof lost track of her?

Old 12-01-2009, 04:49 PM

917 posts, read 2,615,281 times
Quote:
No they're not here yet but me and my other kids are going back to Indiana for Christmas. Hopefully they will come down with us when we come back. I am still in Fort Myers and love my apt. and I did get a job in Fort Myers now so that's a little easier. I am trying to get them to change me to a seasonal employee so I can live here 6mos and in Indiana 6 mos a year. I miss my mom alot and she fell yesterday (she's 88) so I thought I was gonna have to go home but she was fine and didn't want me to come home. I do have grown kids there that are helping to look after her so it's a bittersweet move. The beach is awesome and we go alot. My little ones absolutely love it here and do not like to talk about going "home". We'll just see how it goes and I know it will all work out for the best. Thanks for asking. Have you heard anything from Chrissy, I sortof lost track of her?
So you could come here for the winter, but go back "home" for the summer? That's cool!
I'm glad things are working out for you.

Mrs. Tommy sent you a message regarding housing.

No, Chrissy seems to have vanished. Zara was asking about her today too.

If you check "amyflorida's " posts, you will see that her husband accepted what looks to be a good job in Montana.//www.city-data.com/forum/118
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach