Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 02:29 PM

60 posts, read 218,271 times

Advertisements

So If we move to Florida it will be around this time next year since my daughter doesn't get out of college until December.

I've kind of narrowed my search to PBG, Jupiter or Tequesta(I may change my mind several times before moving)

When we arrived in NC we rented for a year before we purchased & that's what we'll be doing in Florida. Does anyone know of any affordable apartment communities (under 1K, in NC we had a beautiful 2 BR apt w/2 pools in the community & WD hookups for $740 p/month) in those areas, that are in centralized locations where we can go from one town to the other searching for homes without having to be on the road forever.

Thanks for everyones help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 06:25 PM

Default relocating

Are there any suggestions Please!!!

Old 01-07-2010, 08:10 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Looking at Craigslist, there are a few complexes in the Jupiter/Gardens area you might like:

2/2 1179 sq ft. gated intracoastal plus ONE MONTH FREE RENT (http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/apa/1542399448.html - broken link) (Don't know the name of this one, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it from the water).

Also check out Gardens East: Sawyer Realty Holdings LLC

Old 01-08-2010, 09:31 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
2/2 for under a grand will be tough. Not impossible, but you'll more than likely be looking in an older complex.
The nice thing about this area is your always close to the beach, shopping, and restaurants, but you do pay a little more for it.
I'll search around later and see what I can find.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:44 PM

12 posts, read 63,572 times
In that price range, you should expand you search to North Palm Beach and Lake Park.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:02 PM

Default relocating

I had no idea rentals were so high in Florida. As mentioned before, here you can get a great 2 bdrm in a really nice area in the 700's & a 3 bdrm in the 800's....

I guess I'd better get used to it!!!

Old 01-09-2010, 01:38 AM

475 posts, read 1,498,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical View Post
I had no idea rentals were so high in Florida. As mentioned before, here you can get a great 2 bdrm in a really nice area in the 700's & a 3 bdrm in the 800's....

I guess I'd better get used to it!!!
You may want to look at Little Club, Riverbend & Turtle Creek. All are located in Tequesta, River Bend and Little Club are near the Tanah Keeta Boy Scout Camp, Turtle Creek is located closer to Tequesta Country Club. All three communities have rental properties currently listed from $800 to $1,050.00.

The area is very nice, it is a residential area with a lot of homes, but it would be about a mile or two to a grocery store, Post Office or gas station. Riverbend and Little Club are just over the county line into Martin County.

18350 SE Wood Haven Lane, Tequesta, FL 33469

Turtle Creek Condo in Tequesta

Two Bedroom Two Bath Condo for Rent in Little Club - Condo for Rent in Tequesta, FL - HotPads (http://hotpads.com/search/listing/4959658_PalmBeachPost#lat=26.984733&lon=-80.12525&zoom=20&previewId=4959658_PalmBeachPost&p reviewType=listing&detailsOpen=true&listingTypes=r ental,sublet,room,corporate&loan=30,0.0525,0&visib le=new,viewed,favorite - broken link)

Old 01-09-2010, 09:05 AM

85 posts, read 271,940 times
You will never find anything in that price range,in those mentioned area's.Maybe in the hood.
I have a friend in NC and he loves it & say's it's very affordable,why on earth would you want to move to this overpriced,hot sweaty,corrupt violent area?
As soon as I sell I'm out.It used to be nice,not anymore. I live in PBG and it has gotten worse as all other area's in Palm Beach County.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:24 AM

475 posts, read 1,498,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatyhotviolentwestpalm View Post
You will never find anything in that price range,in those mentioned area's.Maybe in the hood.
I have a friend in NC and he loves it & say's it's very affordable,why on earth would you want to move to this overpriced,hot sweaty,corrupt violent area?
As soon as I sell I'm out.It used to be nice,not anymore. I live in PBG and it has gotten worse as all other area's in Palm Beach County.
Sorry but the ads speak for themselves.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:33 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatyhotviolentwestpalm View Post

Why do I have a feeling that the average IQ of Palm Beach County will only get better as people like this move out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach