U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 06:30 AM

2 posts, read 8,385 times

Advertisements

Last year I put a substantial deposit down on a condo which I am told I cannot get back if I decide not to move forward with the purchase. I did negotiate a very good reduction in price however.
The closings will begin on March 3, 2010.
I would like to hear from everyone that has money down on this project whether you want to close or not. For that matter I would also like to hear from anyone that is just interested in buying into the Promenade at this time.
If you email me your contact info, email or phone number, I would like to organize a meeting with all of us so we can talk about our concerns about how this project is moving forward and what, if any, our options are.
Mainly I would like to know how many of us there actually are. Linda Fontana does not seem to be clear on the answer to this.
Time is of the essence so please contact me ASAP. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 01:08 PM

1,701 posts, read 4,146,113 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/west-...h-florida.html
might help

Old 02-04-2010, 06:42 PM

923 posts, read 2,951,453 times
I just spent the month of December renting at Marina Village, it was loud, partying, dogs barking morning to night !!! And it wasn't tourist season yet !!! Boynton has gone way down hill from the nice little residential town I remember 10-12 years ago. My opinion: they were trying to make it another Delray, ain't gonna happen !!!!

Old 03-16-2010, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 5,500 times
I am in the same boat, big deposit in La Promenade would like to get it back.....

Old 03-16-2010, 08:54 PM

923 posts, read 2,951,453 times
Their trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear !!! Eventually Boynton Beach will go back to the nice little town it used to be !! And these condos you spent all your money on will turn into 55+ communities. Its happened before in other towns in FL.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,465 times
I called The Promenade today and spoke to Amanda. Amanda stated that the closings won't take place until April of 2010. My email address is getupandrun4it@yahoo.com. Before I plunk down any cash I would rent there first, if anyone has a unit and want to rent I would be interested. I did not get any information for you as far as what will happen to buyers deposits. You may want to go over your contract with a fine toothed comb. If need be take it to an attorney and have him evaluate it to see if you have any loopholes for getting your deposit back.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:31 PM

7 posts, read 16,838 times
Default Promenade Condos

I would like to rent a two bedroom w/den at the Promenade in the not to distant future. I don't know how the closings are going or if they are going on yet. Contact me at jrsygrl129@aol.com we can discuss. Thanks
By the way, to anyone interested, I live in Boynton Beach and I think it is a town that is up and coming. The population is about 60,000 and there is shopping and good restaurants.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:23 AM

467 posts, read 1,431,290 times
What is the problem with the Promenade? I passed by there yesterday...It certainly looks like a beautiful building....Did the builders not promise what they proposed? just curious as to the issues of
those who put a deposit down? true the prices have plummeted, but that's all over Palm Beach County
and other counties....I live in a condo and our association just informed us that we now have 15 foreclosures...that mean 15 units are not paying their monthly dues...shame....some are foreclosed, some have not yet...meanwhile the rest of us are picking up the tab....Laws certainly need to be changed here.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 5,172 times
Default boynton beach florida

Please respond asap regarding the promenade condos..closing is getting close and I need to know if anyone is closing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsecoli View Post
Last year I put a substantial deposit down on a condo which I am told I cannot get back if I decide not to move forward with the purchase. I did negotiate a very good reduction in price however.
The closings will begin on March 3, 2010.
I would like to hear from everyone that has money down on this project whether you want to close or not. For that matter I would also like to hear from anyone that is just interested in buying into the Promenade at this time.
If you email me your contact info, email or phone number, I would like to organize a meeting with all of us so we can talk about our concerns about how this project is moving forward and what, if any, our options are.
Mainly I would like to know how many of us there actually are. Linda Fontana does not seem to be clear on the answer to this.
Time is of the essence so please contact me ASAP. Thanks.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:19 PM

25 posts, read 70,941 times
You should make sure the builder isn't in foreclosure. If they don't sell the units you will be paying all the association fees for the empty units like the poster above has said. I would never buy a condo in Florida right now because of these reasons. Wait for the second housing bubble that experts are saying will be much worse than the first one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach