Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 11:08 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,026,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciDiva View Post
You may have no desire to pay a portion but, you are anyway. But, if a particular area is accepting the program then why not live there? I have a friend who is on Section 8 and guess where she lives....Weston, FL. One of the best cities in Broward County. Her voucher is $1400 but her rent is $1800 she pays the $400 plus her other expenses and guess what....she's white. I hate the fact that people are always saying that blacks are using the government white people are too.
I don't see where anyone brought race up until you just did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 05:54 PM

177 posts, read 405,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Because of this comment that's why.
"why do everybody think SECTION 8 is the blame? Section 8 is not human, its a govt-based program that allows low income families the priveledge to live in nice areas which on a normal basis would be too much to afford out of pocket. You never no who is on Section 8. wat about those that are NOT section8 tenants and do the same things, do they get a waiver bc theyre nto funded? PPL PLEASE...NO the facts! the problem is simple...THEY DONT WANT TOO MANY BLACKS IN THEIR NEIGHBORHOODS!"

Old 03-01-2011, 10:35 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,894,364 times
Am I the only person who believes that this thread is serving no useful purpose?

Old 03-02-2011, 09:50 AM

50 posts, read 80,953 times
Default hmmm

that sounds like a problem to me, if this chick gets 1400 a month for free she should not be in a position to afford 400 bucks more, I thought section 8 was for people who really needed it??, she obviously does not, maybe one of the abusers, and not a smart one either, thats probably even more stupid, she gets 1400 a month cause govt' gives her that money and says thats what she can afford, why is that not good enough! 1800 bucks is more than my house payment on a 250000 dollar house, apparently I should be on sec 8, I sure wish I didn't have a job..wow thats nuts the govt is handing out that type of money (That is a lot of money) what does your friend have 10 kids or something?

Old 03-04-2011, 08:34 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,925,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssclulow View Post
Am I the only person who believes that this thread is serving no useful purpose?
No, I'm enjoying venting. It's one thing for section 8's to steal my money, it's another for them to think it's OK.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:56 AM

321 posts, read 362,783 times
WHY? WHY? WHY? I can't even BEGIN to understand why our government INSISTS on rewarding irresponsible behavior. Granted there are situations in which someone falls on hard times and that is fine, but tell me why they should live in a rental costing more than mine? Explain please. My husband and I bust our butts working day in and day out and can barely comfortably afford our rent which is exactly what the government is subsidizing for others. Oh no though, a $1400 rental isn't good enough. They NEED an $1800 rental. You have got to be kidding me. This is the most frustrating and maddening experience. What's wrong with an 800 or 900 rental? They are out there. Why do you HAVE to live in wellington? Why not someplace less expensive? WOW. What really makes me mad is that there are people barely scraping by. Working, paying taxes and living worse off than people sponging off the government. People should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of their neighbors. This IS what is happening. It's NOT the government's money, it's the tax payers (your neighbors). I can only pray for the end of section 8 and welfare. What ever happened to the projects? THIS is where section 8 recipients belong. Ben Franklin said it best: “I am for doing good to the poor, but…I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed…that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”

Last edited by aquabluesrq; 03-12-2011 at 12:12 PM..

Old 03-12-2011, 12:01 PM

321 posts, read 362,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciDiva View Post
Because of this comment that's why.
"why do everybody think SECTION 8 is the blame? Section 8 is not human, its a govt-based program that allows low income families the priveledge to live in nice areas which on a normal basis would be too much to afford out of pocket. You never no who is on Section 8. wat about those that are NOT section8 tenants and do the same things, do they get a waiver bc theyre nto funded? PPL PLEASE...NO the facts! the problem is simple...THEY DONT WANT TOO MANY BLACKS IN THEIR NEIGHBORHOODS!"
BTW, it's KNOW not NO. And BTW privileges are EARNED!!!! Living in a nice house is NOT a right, and no way should someone who does not earn their own way deserve to live in houses nicer than those who do. Want to live in a nice house in a nice neighborhood???? Improve yourself so that it is possible. I do not approve of MY tax dollars being used so that others can live better off than me. The redistribution of wealth has to end!!!

Old 03-15-2011, 06:14 AM

3 posts, read 9,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
No, I'm enjoying venting. It's one thing for section 8's to steal my money, it's another for them to think it's OK.
Let's hope you and your spouse don't get in a car accident, your spouse dies, you end up disabled and unable to work, you and your kids get evicted for not being able to pay the rent on your 600/month disability check, and your kids don't get taken away due to your inability to provide a home for them. Cause, ya know, it just wouldn't be right for you to expect someone else to take care of your children!

Old 03-15-2011, 06:57 AM

70 posts, read 176,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funone View Post
Let's hope you and your spouse don't get in a car accident, your spouse dies, you end up disabled and unable to work, you and your kids get evicted for not being able to pay the rent on your 600/month disability check, and your kids don't get taken away due to your inability to provide a home for them. Cause, ya know, it just wouldn't be right for you to expect someone else to take care of your children!
Or you could of just been responsible and purchased disability insurance and life insurance like normal responsible people...

A $500,000 term life insurance policy with a 20 year term at 35 years old for a non-smoker is only $240-400 a year...

I've never been on the government's teet, but I'm willing to bet it would take a while to get that much from Uncle Sam.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:17 AM

3 posts, read 9,620 times
What's that saying, something about assuming? However, if you knew anything about poverty, which obviously you don't, just like having to choose between food and clothes, poor people also can't afford other essential things, like dental care or life/disability insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach