Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:30 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,653,901 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what you think is the best restaurant in PBC and why.
TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 09:06 AM

623 posts, read 1,302,715 times
For me it's Cafe Boulud. HANDS DOWN.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:51 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,422 times
what type of food?? there's a lot of good restaurants depending on what type of food you are looking for.
For a nice steak/seafood dinner I like the Riverhouse in the Gardens, great food, large portions unlike a lot of nicer restaurants, and the service is great. You can have a drink on the water after dinner.
For good cheap bar food the ale houses are good.
Still looking for a good thai/sushi place...

Old 02-26-2010, 11:05 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,396,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
what type of food?? there's a lot of good restaurants depending on what type of food you are looking for.
For a nice steak/seafood dinner I like the Riverhouse in the Gardens, great food, large portions unlike a lot of nicer restaurants, and the service is great. You can have a drink on the water after dinner.
For good cheap bar food the ale houses are good.
Still looking for a good thai/sushi place...

Have you tried Thai Jo in Cityplace?

Joy Noodles on South Dixie also has good Thai selections.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:51 AM

114 posts, read 449,163 times
Two great sushi places: 1. Blue fin Tuna; 2. Boca Rock Sushi. Both on Yamato Rd. in Boca. Thai Jo in City Place is very good as well.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:57 PM

98 posts, read 424,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Have you tried Thai Jo in Cityplace?

Joy Noodles on South Dixie also has good Thai selections.

I almost always agree with what TriMT says - but I have to diverge from those!

Thai Jo and Joy Noodles are very "safe" asian food joints. And by safe - I mean not authentic. Dishes seem engineered to please the timid palette. Sometimes bordering on bland - and in the case of Thai Jo - I have yet to eat actual Thai food there. Everything delivered has been an overdone fusion. But I'm a sucker for the real thing (wife is Asian, I'm a whitey ).

For sushi - the best I have found, hands down, is Yu-Mi Sushi in PBG: 9820 Highway A1a Alternate, Palm Beach Gdns, FL‎ - (561) 776-9209‎

Thai - Still looking. Wattana Thai on Dixie, just south of Forest Hill is best so far.

FWIW -

Indian food - Saffron is good: 731 Village Boulevard, West Palm
Cuban - Capri Bakery on Southern - across from Publix just east of 95
Greek - Souvlaki Grill on Belvedere just east of 95 (old gas station - dirty - but insane good)
Burgers - Grease on Clematis - get the Palm Beacher burger (think that's the name)

Last edited by NathanSmith; 02-26-2010 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: they edited out a word as a curse word. haha!

Old 02-26-2010, 01:13 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,396,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSmith
Thai Jo and Joy Noodles are very "safe" asian food joints. And by safe - I mean not authentic. Dishes seem engineered to please the timid palette. Sometimes bordering on bland - and in the case of Thai Jo - I have yet to eat actual Thai food there. Everything delivered has been an overdone fusion. But I'm a sucker for the real thing (wife is Asian, I'm a whitey ).
Lol, well, I am a "one star spice" kind of person, so it suits me juuuuust fine!

Quote:
Thai - Still looking. Wattana Thai on Dixie, just south of Forest Hill is best so far.
Went there a few months ago on recommendation from a friend. To be honest, the most I eat is Thai fried rice, and it all tastes the same to me.

Have you tried Saffron in downtown Lake Worth for Thai? Quaint little place.

Quote:
Cuban - Capri Bakery on Southern - across from Publix just east of 95
I'm in love with Don Ramon right now on Clematis right now, good lunch specials.

Also, Arepera on Clematis is great.

Quote:
Greek - Souvlaki Grill on Belvedere just east of 95 (old gas station - dirty - but insane good)
Burgers - Grease on Clematis - get the Palm Beacher burger (think that's the name)
Two of my favorites.

Also, check out Forte for a good business lunch special... $10 inclusive of any entree and a soft drink.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:37 PM

98 posts, read 424,744 times
Ha! I'm definitely a 7-star. Too funny.

Will check out Forte - and I've been meaning to hit up Saffron in LW. It's in my new hood now.

I neglected to add
- The Point on top of Phillips Point Tower at Lakeview and Flagler in WPB.
Food is excellent - pricey and served with a great sized portion of ostentatious on the side - but who cares ... good food is all that counts in my book! Bring your Bentley

Old 02-26-2010, 01:42 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,422 times
I tried Thai Jo and was really disappointed, service was bad (as is most thai places) and the food wasn't that good. All I eat is Pad Thai too not too hard.
I've had some bad experiences at Kona too, but went there for a happy hour and it was good, but then the fact it was half off might have played a roll in the value of it.
That Wild Olives just opened should be good, if it's anything like Figs in the Gardens Mall. Went to the taste of Cityplace last night and had their meatballs and they were really good.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:48 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,277 times
Lot's of places, at least the food I like this is my short list:

Italian:

Nick's Tomato Pie Indiantown Rd Jupiter
Mamma Mia's Trattoria, Hypoluxo and Lyons
Campagnolo, 441 and Lake Worth Road

Tex-Mex:

Aleyda's on Okeechobee Blvd. just west of 95.

Indian:

Saffron in the Villages WPB

Cuban:

Don Ramon's isn't bad but my fav. place is Havana on the corner of Dixie and Forest Hill Blvd.

Greek:

Skorpio's II Lake Worth Rd and Jog
I'm Greek Today, Costco Shopping Center off of Southern in Royal Palm Beach

Turkish/Mediterranean:

Mediterranean Kebob House, at the corner of Linton and Federal Hwy Delray Beach.

Leila, downtown WPB

American Bistro & Bar:

Ta-boo Palm Beach Worth Ave.

The Yard House, Downtown at the Gardens

Seafood:

The River House PBG on PGA near the inter-coastal
Cafe Chardonnay PBG at Military and PGA
Testa's Palm Beach

Thai/Asian:

House of Siam, Downtown Delray Beach
PF Chang's Gardens Mall yeah I know it's a chain but the food is good.
Saito's Japanese Steak house, multiple locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach