U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2010, 03:56 PM

4 posts, read 10,466 times

Advertisements

Hi, my family is moving to West Palm Beach Area this summer. We are looking for safe place where we can take our dogs outside for their things during the day and night around 10pm. Hence could you guys please recommend us, the county or places where we should live. Because I am kind of scared about crime rates and my family want to live in safe place. If the place is within 40min driving range it is fine. Please recommend us place to live and if you reply or read this I really appreciate your time. BTW we are looking for the house around 280k to 500k. Also if it is possible could you please tell us which area we should avoid while we are living there!
Thank you!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 06:02 PM

1,701 posts, read 4,187,218 times
Are you looking for a neighborhood with a home owners association and some ammenities, or more of a traditional neighborhood? Do you prefer to stay North or South of West Palm?
There's plenty of great communities in that price range.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:21 AM

Uhm Depends but most likely safe one and some amenities, if they are here, then it is good

Old 04-11-2010, 08:42 AM

17,288 posts, read 28,299,105 times
Yeah, we definitely need more info. It's easier to tell you where the not good places are than to recommend good places. Palm Beach County is huge.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:40 PM

Uhm I am not too sure with more info, but I have searched and it seems that Royal Palm beach and Wellington (especially Olympia) seem safe but if there are safer place than these two please recommend and could you please list the places that my family should avoid while we are living there. Thanks for the reading guys =)

Old 04-11-2010, 08:48 PM

17,288 posts, read 28,299,105 times
In addition to Wellington and Royal Palm, add Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens sounds like it would be good for you (closer to the beach and water, which is what makes living in Florida worth it).

Generally speaking, crime exposure wise, I would not recommend Riviera Beach or the majority of the Northern section of the city of West Palm Beach (except for maybe the Old Northwood neighborhood). There are also parts of Boynton Beach and Delray Beach that I do not think would work for you.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:11 PM

70 posts, read 212,411 times
I personally am a fan of the Flamingo Park, El Cid, and South of Southern (the so-called So-So) areas... There are definitely some high crime areas but there are plenty of safe areas as well, just like any other urban area... Also school districts are a big issue here if you have kids or are planning on having kids...

Old 04-12-2010, 09:06 AM

85 posts, read 387,114 times
Make sure you check out homeowner's insurance rates before you write a contract on a home. Depending on where your potential home is located, the rate can often reduce how much you can afford.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:36 AM

1,701 posts, read 4,187,218 times
I posted this awhile back, but thought it was good and in the areas you are looking in. The Best Schools in the Most Affordable Zip Code Codes: Rank: 2 - BusinessWeek

Just like the forums you have to take it for what it's worth and do extra research on your own. Obviously driving around, and possibly renting for 6+ months to get a feel for the area is really the only way to truly determine which area is best for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach