Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2010, 10:51 PM

119 posts, read 610,660 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

After almost 3 years, I am escaping Jacksonville Beach to work in WPB. I am wondering how far south of WPB I can realistically live and get to work in half an hour. I suspect that south Florida has too much traffic for me to just look this sort of thing up on mapquest.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Delray will work, but if I hear otherwise from you I'll limit my search to Lake Worth and the historic neighborhoods of WPB.

Thanks!

p.s. How much should I expect to pay for a 2 br apartment in these areas, such that walking/biking to cool stuff possible? I'm 26 and not too much of a partier but still like being around the hustle and bustle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 08:09 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,694 times
Is there a reason you need to live further South of WPB? A half hour South without traffic would put you into Boca.
Depending on what you are looking to pay for rent you could live right downtown and be around the hustle and bustle.
My brother lives in Jax Beach so there is definitely a price difference in rent moving down here. A nice 2/2 downtown you are probably looking around 1300-1500. The buildings all have pretty nice amenities though. He used to have a 3/2 with an ocean view from his balcony for 1200. Granted it was a dump...

Old 04-25-2010, 08:16 AM

26 posts, read 56,717 times
From Boca to WPB in 30 minutes? I don't think so. I live in Deerfield Beach, just south of Boca and it takes me 40 minutes without traffic to get to Northern Lake Worth, without traffic. You're looking around the North Delray in order to get to work in a half hour. It also depend on if you're taking 95 or if you're living and working east of 95 or west of 95.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:56 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
No reason to look further than Lake Worth or West Palm Beach, IMO.

In South West Palm, you can bike and walk to downtown WPB, downtown Palm Beach, Cityplace, the beach, the intracoastal...

In Lake Worth, you can bike and walk to downtown Lake Worth and the beach.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:12 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,398,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcampo View Post
From Boca to WPB in 30 minutes? I don't think so. I live in Deerfield Beach, just south of Boca and it takes me 40 minutes without traffic to get to Northern Lake Worth, without traffic. You're looking around the North Delray in order to get to work in a half hour. It also depend on if you're taking 95 or if you're living and working east of 95 or west of 95.
According to mapquest you can get from cityplace to Boca in 32 minutes. Doing 70-75 miles an hour you can easily get from West Palm to Boca in a half hour.

Are you taking US 1?

Old 04-26-2010, 05:01 PM

26 posts, read 56,717 times
I drive the turnpike from south Boca three times a week on off hours to West Lake Worth and it takes me at least 40 minutes. Going 80 mph.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:46 AM

475 posts, read 1,498,508 times
Have you considered Palm Beach Gardens or Jupiter area? I commuted to W.P.B. from Jupiter for 4 years - it was 10 min. on the Turnpike from the P.B.G. entrance on P.G.A. Blvd to the exit on Okeechobee Blvd. There are also some great communities west of W.P.B. in the Wellington area.

There are a large number of communities that are within 5 - 10 of the P.G.A entrance to the Turnpike - everything from Abacoa to the north - PGA National, Marisal and several other communities right at the entrance - to rental communities on the north side of Downtown.
That would be a total commute time of 20 min.

If you prefer 95 there is an entrance to 95 at P.G.A. and a little further north at Donald Ross Rd.

Yesterday a report came out concerning property values; property in Lake Worth declined by 24% in the past year, Delray and Boynton also took hits as did Lake Park to the north of W.P.B. So if you are considering buying; you may want to take a close look at this report.

Palm Beach County property values plunge |West Palm Beach News, South Florida Breaking News, Forecast, Video from WPTV

Old 04-28-2010, 07:06 PM

119 posts, read 610,660 times
I'm just renting, so it's ok if property values are dropping. I'd rather live as close to Miami/FL as possible, that's why I'm limiting my search to WPB and points south. Sounds like Lake Worth is going to be as far as I can go to stick within half an hour. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach