Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 03:19 PM

7 posts, read 24,347 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Boca area, and I am looking at Royal Palm Yacht and Country Club as a neighborhood for my family (two young children). Any skeletons that I should know about Royal Palm? Are there any other neighborhoods that I should be looking at equivalent to Royal Palm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 03:30 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell444 View Post
I'm moving to Boca area, and I am looking at Royal Palm Yacht and Country Club as a neighborhood for my family (two young children). Any skeletons that I should know about Royal Palm? Are there any other neighborhoods that I should be looking at equivalent to Royal Palm?
Our really good friends live there now for 12 years and are very happy...she loves the club for dining...its a quiet development with kids although they seem to be in their teens...Im going to see her tonight I will let u know
Are u only looking in East Boca? Check out Broken Sound County Club...tons of kids of all ages, and also have friends who live there and really like it...

Old 05-11-2010, 07:47 AM

I will look into Broken Sound. Why do you think that most of the kids in Royal Palm are teenagers? Is it an older community?

Old 05-11-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell444 View Post
I will look into Broken Sound. Why do you think that most of the kids in Royal Palm are teenagers? Is it an older community?
No its not an older community..Boca in general is an older community so to speak...but old in terms of people no but you will find older people living there as well...my g/f said tons of kids in the development...all ages...well those homes are older than 12 years...so depending on what age people moved into them yes they would have teens as well...My daughter is best friends with this girl so we are there quiet often, Ive seen kids of all ages...
my girlfriend though has her kids in private school since she wont send them to Boca Middle school...or Boca Elem....she has a 16, 14 and a 9 yr old..best advice if you have a chance to drive thru I would do that on the weekends but not in the summer since none of the kids anywhere are around..most of them are all in Camp or Sleep away camp for the majority of the summer months...

good luck

Old 05-11-2010, 01:53 PM

Is Boca Elementary not very good? I'm glad to hear that Royal Palm Yacht & Country Club has a lot of kids, it seems like a beautiful neighborhood. Is there anything about the neighborhood that is negative?

Old 05-11-2010, 02:03 PM

No Boca Elem and boca Middle is not good...Omni Middle is one of the best in boca..they are zoned for Spanish River HS where our son attends. We couldnt be happier..my friend actually was the one who told me about Spanish River and put me in touch with people who had kids that attend, however my kids also club swim for one of the private schools here in Boca and well alot a the Kids have siblings that attend Spanish River as well and not private HS.....Boca Community HS is a good school as well but zoned with the Elem and Middle....My son originally attended West Boca HS and my daughter an elem school in West Boca but we moved to Central Boca in Jan and are very happy we did which is where Broken Sound is located...they attend Calusa Elem, Omni Middle and Spanish River HS..WE LOVE Calusa Elem its a very good school and very parent friendly and a family atmosphere..Anyway if you would like more info u can always DM me

Old 05-11-2010, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the school info. So, it sounds like I will need to send my kids to private school if I live in Royal Palm Yacht and Country Club...

Old 05-11-2010, 04:08 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
No Boca Elem and boca Middle is not good
Just curious... why would Boca Elementary and Boca Middle not be considered good? Both are A rated school.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:01 PM

there is a different element of kids..although they are A Rated they are very old and well after dh and I taking the tour of both schools it wasnt what we were looking for..greatschools.net gives all that info...

Old 05-12-2010, 03:35 AM

2,781 posts, read 7,207,400 times
Broken Sound is a lot more laid back than Royal Palm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach