Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2006, 04:44 PM

109 posts, read 439,809 times

Advertisements

I just came back from wv and this is my findings.
I had heard some good and bad things about the state i wish to give my opinion on what i saw when i was there.

First of all i have to say it is a very beatiful state , with the water and the mountains it looks like something out of a romace novel.

I went to bluefield, bluewell, hinton , charleston, drove past hunnington and went to princeton.

Parts of bluefield are very poor the buildings are run down and so are some of the stores. But the people i met there was very nice , to live here you have to own a car cause you really cant walk to a store or anything.

Hinton seemed like a nice small town .

I really liked princeton because the shops are very close together its a very up and coming place. Stores are going up everwhere, the houses are very nice. Its country with just a little bit of the city shopping features.

People have posted that wv has overweight smokers , well what i saw was just normal people who care alot about there family and who like to spend time with there family. No one was really in a rush and i have never met such good hearted people in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2006, 01:16 PM

12 posts, read 46,511 times
You're right, you won't find a place more laid back, friendly or family oriented. Definitely a beautiful place no matter what part of West Virginia you live in. Since you visited some of the larger, college towns, you may not have gotten the full view of West Virginia. Princeton/ Bluefield area is gorgeous though. For smaller towns, I recommend Williamstown (slightly partial, of course), Hinton, also look in to the Braxton Co. area, perhaps even Harpers Ferry. If you have any questions on Williamstown, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:20 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,081,952 times
Please tell me more about Bluefield! Ive heard good and bad things about that small city. Is the crime really that bad? Is it a city I should even consider living in? The houses are very cheap and theres several houses I like in Bluefield!

Old 10-18-2006, 05:18 AM

109 posts, read 439,809 times
Default crime

If you compare crime in bluefield to any other place it almost doesnt excist. They have domestic problems check on the web, some druggies who mostly stay and argue among themselves. There are not gangs or shooting really there you can check all this on the web. My inlaws live in charleston and he told me to stay away from western charleston no better then a big city with the gangs and drugs.

My parents love it, my mom says no one bothers you , you can walk outside and your neighbor say hi and its very nice to live there. Her words peaceful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia