U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 09:27 AM

6 posts, read 11,998 times

Advertisements

That is where the new distribution center will be, the old GM plant. My question is, where do we go to apply for a job here?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 12:00 PM

7,312 posts, read 11,966,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccul View Post
Instead of bulding an entire new building, how about using the old GM Plant, and just add on the additional space that they will need? It's really sad to see that huge building go to waste like it is......just a thought. -mmccul
A good idea

Old 12-18-2010, 03:49 PM

2,429 posts, read 6,706,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodGirl74 View Post
That is where the new distribution center will be, the old GM plant. My question is, where do we go to apply for a job here?
Often there is some government money involved, for remodeling, training, improved infrastructure, new access roads, etc. And frequently part of the "deal" is that hiring is done through the state's Career Centers (whatever they're called in WV).

I don't know for sure if that's the case with Macy's, but it would be a good place to start. Or maybe try the obvious: ask at your nearest Macy's store.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:40 PM

234 posts, read 740,361 times
Quote:
Macy's will have to build their facility first, it will be located at Combo Yard near GM. Macy's will not be locating in the old GM plant. I'm not sure if you read any of the articles regarding this fulfillment center, but hiring will not start until late 2011 and the center will be operational in 2012.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:39 AM

2,819 posts, read 9,672,080 times
Quote:
Try Macy online

Macy's Jobs

They have a very large Regional base here in Atlanta (Duluth/Johns Creek).

Good Luck!

Old 03-02-2012, 02:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,033 times
where and how do u apply to macys dist center in hedgesville?

Old 03-02-2012, 11:32 AM

13,112 posts, read 34,606,440 times
Try the Job Service ITS located at the old GM Plant

Old 03-02-2012, 04:45 PM

552 posts, read 667,865 times
My wife applied at macys.com, according to a recent newspaper article they will start hiring late march early april. Hopefully my wife can get the job, it is harder now because you don't talk to an actual person it is all how it looks on paper. I road by the place yesterday and it is huge. I just wonder how much they plan on paying, hopefully decent since it is macy's, but ya never know. I think jobs should be required to post how much they pay I can't tell you how many jobs turned out to be a waste of my time during my job search. You would think a job requiring a bachelors would pay more then 12 an hour, but I ran across several. One place even said bachelors required and turned out only paying 8 an hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia