Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:31 PM

Location: I wonder... hmmmmm... maybe... I live somewhere in that pleasant state of VA, Mother of Presidents.
178 posts, read 228,818 times

Advertisements

Ohio, along with West Virginia are northerners.

this is the only forum where I am heavily biased about my home state... sorry, but I am a staunch support of VA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 03:53 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
Its a lot of typical arrogance usually coming from people in the Northeast. They look down on everywhere else in the country, esp. states they consider to be rural. Honestly I know some people who sincerely believe everyone in West Virginia is inbred!

In Pakistan and Iraq about 30 to 40% of marriages is between FIRST COUSINS (possibly the same in Pakistani communities in New York and LA), but not a single New York liberal has ever criticized that! I'm pretty sure if there is any incest in West Virginia its more like 0.5% of the population.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:59 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,989,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Lover View Post
I wonder who loves Virginia then, if someone loves WV. I'll bet started this thread just to **** me off... but i'll give it my best.

Virginia Has The Chesapeake Bay, Norfolk (one of the the East Coast's largest Naval Port), Assateague National Seashore (where the ponies cross to Chincoteague from), Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge (located on the Atlancic Ocean along woth Assateague), Jamestown (on the James River), Richmond, the former capital of the Confederacy (also on the James River), Virginia Beach (one of the best on the East Coast), the scenic Shenandoah River, Arlington (located on the Potomac River, near Washington, D.C.), and I might think of more later... LOL

Virginia is home to many Civil War Sites, including the famous battle between the Monitor and the Merrimac, the first Ironclads to battle at sea.

Where should I start... Richmond, Virginia was the capitol of the Confederacy and two famous Confederate Generals were from Virginia (Robert E. Lee and Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson). Virginia started the South with Jamestown being the first permanent English settlement in the "New World." Virginia imported the first slaves from Africa in the early 1600's, long before any other Southern state (territory then). Planting of Tobacco started in Virginia and tobacco is the southern "green gold." Forget about cotton. Tobacco is the Southern cash crop and was first planted in VIRGINIA, (the sweeter Caribbean Nicotiana Tabacum found by John Rolfe) in 1612, and with that, the institution of slavery began to flourish from then on. And the largest tobacco company in the United is headquartered in Virginia, Philip Morris USA and Virginia is, was, and will always be an integral part of the south.

West Virginians are all either rednecks, coal miners, or drunks. Virginians, being a much more finer people, go to West Virginia for Charlestown Races and Slots because Virginians would not want that in their state. No polluted air from any Coal Mines in Virginia.

I can dismiss West Virginia just like I do Delaware and with Da Yoopers, who hunt, drink, and camp all year. The Upper Peninsulars talk funny, also.

I do not believe in the existence of the Upper Peninsula of Michagan and in the existence of West Virginia. West Virginia Was a part of Virginia until those damn yankees split her up.

West Virginia State Residency Application

Name: ________________
(last)
(first) (_) Billy-Bob
(_) Billy-Joe
(_) Billy-Ray
(_) Billy-Sue
(_) Billy-Mae
(_) Billy-Jack
(Check appropriate box)
Sex: ____ M _____ F _____ N/A
Shoe Size: ____ Left ____ Right

CB Handle: _____________________

(_)Farmer
(_)Mechanic
(_)Hair Dresser
(_)Un-employed
(_)Coal Miner

Spouse's Name: __________________________

Relationship with spouse:
(_) Sister
(_) Brother
(_) Aunt
(_) Uncle
(_) Cousin
(_) Mother
(_) Father
(_) Son
(_) Daughter
(_) Pet

Number of children living in household: ___

Number that are yours: ___

Mother's Name: _______________________

Father's Name: _______________________
(If not sure, leave blank)

Education: 1 2 3 4 (Circle highest grade completed)

Do you (_)own or (_)rent your mobile home?
(Check appropriate box)

___ Total number of vehicles you own
___ Number of vehicles that still crank
___ Number of vehicles in front yard
___ Number of vehicles in back yard
___ Number of vehicles on cement blocks

___ Number of refrigerators on front porch

Firearms you own and where you keep them:
____ truck
____ bedroom
____ bathroom
____ kitchen
____ shed

Model and year of your pickup: _____________ 194__
Number of empty beer cans on floorboard or in bed of
pickup: _________

Newspapers/magazines you subscribe to:
(_)The National Enquirer
(_)The Globe
(_)TV Guide
(_)Soap Opera Digest
(_)Gun World

___ Number of times you've seen a UFO
___ Number of times you've seen Elvis
___ Number of times you've seen Elvis in a UFO

How often do you bathe:
(_)Weekly
(_)Monthly
(_)Holidays
(_)Not Applicable

Color of teeth:
(_)Yellow
(_)Brownish-Yellow
(_)Brown
(_)Black
(_)No teeth
(_)N/A

Brand of chewing tobacco you prefer:
(_)Red-Man

How far is your home from a paved road?
(_)1 mile
(_)2 miles
(_)don't know
(_)can't get there from here

BUMPER STICKERS:
___ Eat more Possum
___ My other car is a piece of junk too
___ Honk if you love Jesus
___ If you ain't a cowboy, you ain't nothin'
___ Red-man Chewing Tobacco

Favorite Recreation: Check all that apply:
___ Square Dancin'
___ Possum Huntin'
___ Skinny Dippin'
___ Craw Daddin'
___ Gospel Singin'
___ 4-Wheelin'
___ Drankin'
___ Spittin' Backy ___ Bill Chip Trowin'
___ Honky Tonkin'
___ Noodlin'

# of Dogs: ___ Type: ___ Blue Tick ___ Beagle
___ Black & Tan ___ Bird Dawg

Cap Emblem: ___ John Deere ___ McCulloch Chain Saws
___ Budweiser ___ Vo-Tech
___ Skoal ___ Coors
___ NAPA

Q. How do you know the toothbrush was invented in West Virginia?

A. If it was invented anywhere else, it would have been called a teethbrush
OK! So you need to take a step down, and get off your golden toilet. If you want to talk about rednecks and hillbillys. Why don't you look at people from around Elkton, VA, and Grundy, VA. They speak so slow there, and have strong accents. I must have missed the memo that said everyone from VA has a masters degree and are just wonderful people!!! Also, get a history lesson. Stonewall Jackson was born in Virginia, in what is present day Clarksburg, WEST VIRGINIA. Also yeah, Richmond was the capital of the confederacy, and I hate to break it to you. BUT THE CONFEDERACY LOST!!! What was one of the main differences between the north and the south. Oh yes, SLAVERY! The south was home to a lot of farmers who thought that slavery was ok. Well, I don't think there are many people that think that way anymore, so your argument about Richmond being the capital of the confederacy is like saying "Blah blah blah "Anytown" is the capital of polished turds!" It means nothing. Also, that little application thing you just posted doesn't make WV look stupid, ignorant, or uneducated. It actually makes YOU look ignorant, immature. I'm SO glad WE divorced you. People want to say we are poor and everything else. But we STARTED our own state. How many other states have done that? Not many huh?

Old 07-18-2007, 11:03 PM

Quote:
they sure did! But Virginia did not... we ain't no damn Yankees.
Hmm... Ain't no damn Yankees. Now I could be wrong. But is something wrong with your grammar???? Also I don't think everyone is WV considers themselves a southerner. If I was around in the 1860's, I would have been proud to call myself a Yankee :

Old 07-18-2007, 11:06 PM

Quote:
hmmm... actually, Herndon (with its day-laborer center) and Manassas (with a lot of Mexicans) are really the only places with many immigrants.

I never said anything about immigrants.....?????

Old 07-18-2007, 11:16 PM

Location: I wonder... hmmmmm... maybe... I live somewhere in that pleasant state of VA, Mother of Presidents.
Sure, and by the way, the educated Virginians have the Appalachain School of Law located in Grundy, VA.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
Hmm... Ain't no damn Yankees. Now I could be wrong. But is something wrong with your grammar???? Also I don't think everyone is WV considers themselves a southerner. If I was around in the 1860's, I would have been proud to call myself a Yankee :
West Virginians= Rednecks and Northerners

Old 07-18-2007, 11:26 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,303,947 times
A regular Harvard that fine institution is.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:46 PM

Actually, many West Virginians jump accross the border because the "Ivy-League" quality schools (community colloges) are already filled up by rednecks and coal miners. Oh, yes, those West Virginia schools! I don't know why I hear very little about them in the news.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Actually, many West Virginians jump accross the border because the "Ivy-League" quality schools (community colloges) are already filled up by rednecks and coal miners. Oh, yes, those West Virginia schools! I don't know why I hear very little about them in the news.
Like WVU having a top 5 football team on the east coast, or how amazing their basketball team is, or how Marshall University had a warner brothers picture made recently about it, COMING OUT SOON!!! You should rent it, maybe you would learn something. But for you to know any of this you would have to READ a newspaper, not just look at "the funnies" ha ha

Also, in response to your 45,000 redneck and coal miner comments... Virginia is soooo lucky not to have ANY rednecks or coal miners. All coal miners are stupid right???? Oh, did I mention my dad works at a coal mine? Did I mention my dad is an engineer? Do you know my dad has a bachelors degree? Stupid coal miner huh? Did I mention he makes 145,000 a year? How much do you make? Did you know the average coal miner makes over 60,000 a year? which is roughly double the national yearly salary?

Yea, I guess we're all brain dead and living in shacks over here. I really wish I was lucky enough to live in Virginia....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia