Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:07 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,314,623 times

Advertisements

Actually, 'they' are going back home in droves and they are taking our NASA engineers with them...
Guess who has the space program for the next forty years? It's not the USA.

And as for Indian education, my grandaughter was there for 4 years...and had to be promoted 2.5 grades ahead in Florida.

Show me some more old statistics.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 08:22 PM

404 posts, read 1,094,840 times
I don't happen to live in the walled garden of WV anymore. I live and work with one of the largest ex-pat Indian populations in the US. They're here for a reason. Your grandaughter did well in india, which is nothing to be too proud of, I mean, she spoke the slave master's language coming in. Please don't try to impress me by telling me about how well she did in FlowRida. Florida is the second ****tiest state in america for a reason. Listen Kennedy, you're a doucher, your family must be full of them too. If you honestly think India has it going on, then GTFO. You and CT are the biggest bunch of 69ing douchers I've ever seen in my life.

Just to spite you.. I hope Obama does take away foodstamps, medicare and SS. Then you'll die poor(er) on the streets !

Old 04-22-2011, 10:28 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,044,974 times
It's really nice of Jesco to share his wisdom with us here. It stands out as a perfect example of insanity engendered by the use of too many inhalants. That folks, is what a fried brain really looks like and as you can see it is not a pretty picture. Somebody said he actually thinks that special relationship he has with his sister is normal.

When did they let you out of jail, Jesco?

Old 04-23-2011, 05:58 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,096 times
This place is starting to look like CFF!

Old 04-23-2011, 08:08 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,314,623 times
Most of my family are doctors and nurses...with smattering of coal miners...
Everyone Degreed, btw...

and we still do it the old West Virginia way...work for our food, shelter and clothing..

If I have any advantage, its a small knowledge of history and economics...World and American History..

that could be a personal edge...and I like people too...just an ordinary, concerned conservative citizen..like most of the people here.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
This place is starting to look like CFF!
Well, if you look at Jesco's post prior to mine, Steve, you'll note that I didn't start it, any more than I did on CFF, where Johnson felt good about agruing about anything at all and the other individual resorted to name calling on a regular basis. I do not miss that experience.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:10 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,319,720 times
quote=CTMountaineer;18835842]Cheaper corporate taxes would, however, stimulate investment. [/quote]

No it wouldnt, it would create more jobs outside the U.S. look at what they have been doing for years.

Quote:
What we need is a plain out flat tax that offers absolutely no dedictions or writeoffs. Say 10% on everyone no matter how much or how little you make. The rich would actually pay more under this system because they can't get a deduction for getting their wives hired at the local "non profit". And besides, why should the ordinary taxpayer have to subsidize somebody's non profit if it is a cause they don't support. Corporations could pay the same flat tax.
We definetly need some sort of tax reform, how exactly I do not know. One suggestion is a way to separate corporate taxes from personal taxes. That way you can raise the tax rate on the wealthiest individuals without screwing small businesses.

One of the earlier posters had it right. The highest marginal tax rate in the country was close to 90% up to the mid 60's, somehow back then the wealthy AND corporations survived.... Republicans specifically think that tax breaks are the end all be all because it worked for Reagan. It's not look at hiring trends recently. No jobs are being created here.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
quote=CTMountaineer;18835842]Cheaper corporate taxes would, however, stimulate investment.
No it wouldnt, it would create more jobs outside the U.S. look at what they have been doing for years.

We definetly need some sort of tax reform, how exactly I do not know. One suggestion is a way to separate corporate taxes from personal taxes. That way you can raise the tax rate on the wealthiest individuals without screwing small businesses.

One of the earlier posters had it right. The highest marginal tax rate in the country was close to 90% up to the mid 60's, somehow back then the wealthy AND corporations survived.... Republicans specifically think that tax breaks are the end all be all because it worked for Reagan. It's not look at hiring trends recently. No jobs are being created here.[/quote]

The problem with your approach is it is still a multi tiered approach. Jay Rockefeller probably doesn't pay any more taxes than you do and he is worth a gazillion. The current system allows the wealthiest to have "shelters" and "writeoffs" for just about everything. It also allows some of the people who use the most services to essentially skate scott free. A flat tax is inherently fair... absolutely fair. Every person, corporation, and entity contributes in direct proportion to what it earns. You'd save a ton just with the reduction in paperwork and IRS expenses.

Somebody like Bill Gates, who makes a hundred million a year, would pay at say $10 million in taxes, and he wouldn't be able to shove the burden on the ordinary taxpayer because he wants to give false teeth to somebody in
Swahili. Joe Schmoe down the street who only makes $30,000 would only pay $3,000, but at least he would be paying something. The current system squeezes the people in the middle and lets the exteems off the hook.

Corporations are essential to our way of life. Most retirement systems are build on investments in them. As legal entities, they should be treated by the system in the same way as individuals, and taxed at the same rate. Along with that, we need to impose tarrifs on both goods and services in a big way. The reason corporations buy in foreign countries is because our system allows them to do that and take advantage of cheap labor or taxes elsewhere. Impose tarrifs and that advantage goes out the window.

Every country in the world wants to dump goods and services here because it is far and away the world's largest market. It will still be the world's largest market if we start making things here again. The difference is the money would be spread out to American workers more directly rather than ending up in the hands of our wealthiest and of foreigners. The entire concept of globalism is seriously flawed. It is a scheme designed to make our middle class compete with cheap labor countries solely for the purpose of making the rich richer. It inevitably leads to a lowest common denominator existence for most of us.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post

crazynip said:

One of the earlier posters had it right. The highest marginal tax rate in the country was close to 90% up to the mid 60's, somehow back then the wealthy AND corporations survived.... Republicans specifically think that tax breaks are the end all be all because it worked for Reagan. It's not look at hiring trends recently. No jobs are being created here.

The problem with your approach is it is still a multi tiered approach. Jay Rockefeller probably doesn't pay any more taxes than you do and he is worth a gazillion. The current system allows the wealthiest to have "shelters" and "writeoffs" for just about everything. It also allows some of the people who use the most services to essentially skate scott free. A flat tax is inherently fair... absolutely fair. Every person, corporation, and entity contributes in direct proportion to what it earns. You'd save a ton just with the reduction in paperwork and IRS expenses.

Somebody like Bill Gates, who makes a hundred million a year, would pay at say $10 million in taxes, and he wouldn't be able to shove the burden on the ordinary taxpayer because he wants to give false teeth to somebody in
Swahili. Joe Schmoe down the street who only makes $30,000 would only pay $3,000, but at least he would be paying something. The current system squeezes the people in the middle and lets the exteems off the hook.

Corporations are essential to our way of life. Most retirement systems are build on investments in them. As legal entities, they should be treated by the system in the same way as individuals, and taxed at the same rate. Along with that, we need to impose tarrifs on both goods and services in a big way. The reason corporations buy in foreign countries is because our system allows them to do that and take advantage of cheap labor or taxes elsewhere. Impose tarrifs and that advantage goes out the window.

Every country in the world wants to dump goods and services here because it is far and away the world's largest market. It will still be the world's largest market if we start making things here again. The difference is the money would be spread out to American workers more directly rather than ending up in the hands of our wealthiest and of foreigners. The entire concept of globalism is seriously flawed. It is a scheme designed to make our middle class compete with cheap labor countries solely for the purpose of making the rich richer. It inevitably leads to a lowest common denominator existence for most of us.[/quote]

Old 05-08-2011, 07:26 PM

45 posts, read 147,210 times
David Kennedy

India looks very good and I've considered moving there to retire.

Bustling economy, english speaking population, obedience to law, educated...and very moral.

Sounds like the USA of my youth...
----------------reply to David

Don't even think about moving to India! They throw the children in the streets and use them as child labor. It's a class system there, and you will feel mighty uncomfortable when you see how they treat lower caste. They will surround you gleaming as much information about America that they can from you. They will do so many "favors" for you, then expect you to get them Visa to US. Bribery is the term for that place. You won't get any safety lest you pay your American dollars to them. There is also a bedbug, rat epidemic there. Stay here. I wouldn't even suggest a visit to that place. The rich people, and there are LOTS! Live behind gates and luv to toss around their American education. You know the quiet Indian guy in your medical, IT, or engineer office that barely say a peep? They boast loudly when they return to their land for visit. My ex was Indian man, and I KNOW their true culture. They want to live a life like a bollywood movie. You won't even make it through the airport without those street children pickpocketing you or the taxi man overcharging you for your ride. America is awesome, how dare you put it down. You must not be a Veteran. They have a bustling economy because of OUTSOURCING!! and child labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia