Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 07:13 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,041,303 times

Advertisements

The I-79 Corridor through Morgantown-Fairmont-Clarksburg is making big noise in technology and research...

WVU researchers are partnering with Government and Industry

Article - I-79 Park building is full of tenants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 08:32 AM

6,075 posts, read 9,100,962 times
I can't say how deeply pleased I am by hearing that building is filled.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:49 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,312,547 times
NO-BAMA wil mean a lot more jobs in Wv... and in the rest of the country too...

the real Hope and Change is on it's way... and it's spelled the Irish way....6% corporate taxes...

That's why the businesses of this planet are going to Ireland....simple and sweet.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:03 PM

404 posts, read 1,094,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
NO-BAMA wil mean a lot more jobs in Wv... and in the rest of the country too...

the real Hope and Change is on it's way... and it's spelled the Irish way....6% corporate taxes...

That's why the businesses of this planet are going to Ireland....simple and sweet.
Do you even hear yourself? Ireland is in the middle of an economic collapse driven by a speculative real estate bubble. Sound familiar?

Moody's downgrades Irish banks to junk - Telegraph

Is Faux news extolling the wondrous benefits of Ireland economic miracle still?

No-bama, geesh, what a tag team you and CT make.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:37 AM

Yes, Ireland was near collapse...but their new tax rate is bringing a Hope and Change for them.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:43 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,989,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesco White View Post
Do you even hear yourself? Ireland is in the middle of an economic collapse driven by a speculative real estate bubble. Sound familiar?

Moody's downgrades Irish banks to junk - Telegraph

Is Faux news extolling the wondrous benefits of Ireland economic miracle still?

No-bama, geesh, what a tag team you and CT make.
lol careful... they'll call you a whipper snapper who doesn't know how the world works yet because you're younger...

I don't blame Obama... I put half the blame on the Bush Administration and the other half on the current Congress. Both the House and Senate are too divided and biased by the wealthy to accomplish anything.

What did FDR do when our country was in shambles..??? He had govt. programs put the unemployed back to work and raised the tax rates for the wealthiest individuals and corporations to an acceptable level to pay down national debt, invest in infrastructure (we built an entire interstate system, also conservatives were against this at the time saying it wasn't needed and that we couldn't afford it... who was wrong? ), and provide services to the greater good of the populace. Programs like social security, medicare, unemployment, etc

Old 04-21-2011, 10:35 PM

42 posts, read 271,997 times
I'd love to know how lowering corporate taxes would change the fact that China and India have an economy where a) workers are paid literally next to nothing, b) workers can be abused, beaten, raped, or whatever makes them work faster, and there's nothing they can do, and c) there are almost no environmental protections - to the degree that the citizens of large cities have to wear masks so they don't collapse from the smoke. It's really sad that as a country we are willing to swallow nonsense about taxes when it's quite obvious precisely why our decent manufacturing, IT, and now even customer service jobs are being shipped overseas.

I suppose we could all agree to live like people in the third world - that would bring the jobs back. Yippie.

P.S. - Many large corporations - including those that make billions in profit like GE - don't pay ANY federal tax at all (and even get refunds or incentives). So why aren't those companies even keeping jobs here?

Old 04-21-2011, 11:14 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,041,303 times
I have to say in some respects I agree with you. We definitely need tarrifs, and that includes tarrifs on imported services (like your bank using a phone operator in India), we need tighter border controls, and we need to dispense with NAFTA, which has hurt the ordinary American by giving his job to cheaper foreign labor and has only helped the rich.

Cheaper corporate taxes would, however, stimulate investment. What we need is a plain out flat tax that offers absolutely no dedictions or writeoffs. Say 10% on everyone no matter how much or how little you make. The rich would actually pay more under this system because they can't get a deduction for getting their wives hired at the local "non profit". And besides, why should the ordinary taxpayer have to subsidize somebody's non profit if it is a cause they don't support. Corporations could pay the same flat tax.

Old 04-22-2011, 04:42 AM

India looks very good and I've considered moving there to retire.

Bustling economy, english speaking population, obedience to law, educated...and very moral.

Sounds like the USA of my youth...

Old 04-22-2011, 05:37 PM

404 posts, read 1,094,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
India looks very good and I've considered moving there to retire.

Bustling economy, english speaking population, obedience to law, educated...and very moral.

Sounds like the USA of my youth...

Take a visit to India and you may change your tune. There's a reason they come here in droves, and it isn't to get their share of being "immoral" . You didn't grow up in Leave it to Beaver land, no one did. Quit equating black and white sitcoms with the America of yesteryear. The America of yesteryear was even worse off than now, but it wasn't as out in the open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia