Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 11:50 PM

6,070 posts, read 9,091,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
I thought MArshal was a joke and a pork project, but Chris just taught me about WVSU. Seriously WV? I always wondered why WVU was so underfunded. Now I know. I wonder how many other third tier toilet schools WV is supporting. I mean WVU isnt even that hard to get into, and if you are too stupid for WVU there is always Marshal or Fairmont State. So why are we wasting money on WVSU?
Once again, you bring personal attacks into the ring!

You probably are a drunk that couldn't last a minute in a face to face conversation! I pitty you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 06:46 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,036,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
You are missing the point!

Our local colleges are there to support our communities, and they are badly underfunded. We aren't wasting money, because there is no money being spent.

You said that all of the small schools should be absorbed by WVU, but that just creates a monopoply on public education. Students would only have a choice between a few schools and WVU. I wanted to go to state because they offer something different than WVU. With your plan, our government would be less diverse, and limited on what type of education it could offer.
I see your point. There are two sides to every argument, but our state really can't afford the luxary of having a dozen state supported four year schools and hope to compete with other states that have a more efficient and better funded system. I expect that our current, inefficient and outmoded system will remain in effect for all the wrong reasons, so you shouldn't worry about it.
In any case, even if a more efficient model were placed in effect you'd still have Shepherd, West Liberty, Marshall, and Fairmont State as well either Bluefield or Concord from which to choose in addition to WVU. Nobody would eliminate the whole dozen schools.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:39 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,871,311 times
Quote:
Once again, you bring personal attacks into the ring!

You probably are a drunk that couldn't last a minute in a face to face conversation! I pitty you!
I never personally attacked you. I made a comment about WVSU. Are you the same thing? I dont see how criticizing WVSU is a personal attack against you.

Also what is your problem with drinking? If you dont drink good for you. However, some people enjoy a whiskey, especially a scotch, at night. You dont need to make personal attacks against me because I drink a little.

Stop being such a hypocrite and stop making personal attacks.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Nobody would eliminate the whole dozen schools.
Speak for yourself. I dont want to eliminate them all but some need to go. WVSU sounds like a good candidate. I would even keep Marshall. Southern WV needs a school even if it is terrible.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I never personally attacked you. I made a comment about WVSU. Are you the same thing? I dont see how criticizing WVSU is a personal attack against you.

Also what is your problem with drinking? If you dont drink good for you. However, some people enjoy a whiskey, especially a scotch, at night. You dont need to make personal attacks against me because I drink a little.

Stop being such a hypocrite and stop making personal attacks.
Drinking only leads to foolishness! You your self even said that you were drunk when posting, and as a result your post was uneducated and personal.

Also when you say that WVSU is a joke, you are attacking me in that I've invested my time and energy in gaining a degree from there. Its like if I were to say that FCA is a joke, then the people that deticate their lives to it might be offended!

Old 07-30-2011, 01:19 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,988,207 times
Quote:
Speak for yourself. I dont want to eliminate them all but some need to go. WVSU sounds like a good candidate. I would even keep Marshall. Southern WV needs a school even if it is terrible.
Marshall is not a terrible school!!! Just because you get stiff for everything Morgantown and WVU doesn't mean every other school and place is terrible..

Do you realize that people who are from elsewhere in the country read these posts and see you whining about Morgantown all the time probably think Morgantown is just full of whiny people. No one is going to want to even consider moving to WV or to Morgantown because of these posts. This mentality of wanting to point fingers and blame and whine is part of what has caused entire generations of WVians to leave the state for greener pastures.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Once again, you prove that you aren't capable of posting something that isn't disrespectful. WVSU is one of the better ones in the state! And Marshall is not terrible, I'd say you would be offending alot more people in saying that!

Old 07-30-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Once again, you prove that you aren't capable of posting something that isn't disrespectful. WVSU is one of the better ones in the state! And Marshall is not terrible, I'd say you would be offending alot more people in saying that!
Really? One of the better schools? Says you.

Compared to WVSU Marshall is not terrible.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:56 PM

180 posts, read 352,204 times
Quote:
Really? One of the better schools? Says you.

Compared to WVSU Marshall is not terrible.
Were you born a Jackass? Or do you choose to be this way? I dont blame you for how you are though. Its your parents fault.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyconn View Post
Were you born a Jackass? Or do you choose to be this way? I dont blame you for how you are though. Its your parents fault.
Good question, but my parents arent to blame. I wasnt born this way either. Dealing with idiots like you has probably made me the jackass I am today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia