Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2007, 08:12 AM

2 posts, read 5,105 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for utilities providers in Hinton. Am moving to Raleigh County in the Richmond District. Zip code is Hinton, but house is in Raleigh County. Interested in feedback ref. supplies of electric, gas, phone, cable, garbage, etc. Any iformation regarding fire stations in Summers County and how they are rated for home insurance purposes? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 12:21 PM

107 posts, read 359,883 times
Well maybe I can help or at least shed a little light. Are you located on the new river? The gas is RT Rogers Oil Company and AEP covers the electric..The phone and cable are provided by suddenlink which bought out Charter Company and I have to say so far very unreliable and needs fixed. The garbage for summers county is controlled by southern santiation in sandstone,wv. There is 1 main fire station located in hinton but there are I believe 7 volunteer fire departments with full staff around the county and I am in insurance so unless your living on top of a mtn or beyond 8miles of a paved road or another home then it is not bad. Please message back with other questions if needed

Old 08-23-2007, 07:22 AM

306 posts, read 1,241,108 times
I love Hinton.................i am in fayette county pretty much next door..I will say compared to where i moved from The utilities are alot less.......i have never seen an electric bill around $80.00 till i moved here..i have over 2200 sqft home..everything is electric..Now the cable and phone service to me are no cheaper than anywhere else..The gas co. that family uses are UNREAL in their costs..The taxes on home and land are wonderful..yepper just paid mine and a half acre and home was only $37.00..then they tell me since we only be here about 2 years that it will go up to $300.00 give or take..and I am on a paved country road..........The water bill and sewage is holy cow going even higher........now the vehicle tax and tags are another story..now i know why most people have paid off their vehicles and drive them to the ground..The food prices are NO cheaper than where i was..and Gas well u can see that nonsense on the news..........i'm still trying to figure that one out how we are in the top rates............of course sales tax on everything i think that's changing on some or dropping a % for food..........

I agree it's what u make it..........and if ya want alot of shopping and malls and teenage fun (i have an 18 who is bored to death)u better stay near the bigger towns..........

We travel to hinton alot just to look at the old town and beautiful mts..the winding roads well it took me a bit..i was car sick the first year..I am getting used to this lifestyle..I know now i am liking this carefree laid back style and u couldn't get me to a BIG city anymore..........sure i miss the high paying job i had..took alot of sacrifices here and we still are living them..my doors aren't locked all the time and i can feel the peace and safety that comes with this beautiful area.............just do alot of researching on what you want..not just housing areas..what your family needs because yes it is a CULTURE shock to a NEWCOMER coming from a fast paced society............i am still adjusting.............

Old 08-24-2007, 09:04 AM

107 posts, read 359,883 times
Hinton is 20 minutes from 2 of the largest cities in west virginia...Beckley and Lewisburg and there is plenty to do either with the outdoors in hinton and lewisburg or malls,movies, and such in beckley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia