Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 05:14 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,853,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorpus View Post
The worth of something is how much customers would be willing to pay for a product or service, it has nothing to do with the cost of inputs (material, labor, overhead, utilities, interest, profit, etc.).

Profit not only is great, it's what makes it possible for Dominoes (or any other business) to remain in business.

Which is a major reason why the economy has been so slow to recover. Businesspeople are hesitant to hire new employees, given the uncertainty in tax rates and health care costs.
Tax rates and health care costs are not the reason businesses are not hiring so much. It is uncertainty. People are spending less because they want to save money in these times hurting demand, and until demand returns businesses are hesitant to hire new employees. This leads people to spend thus, less a vicious cycle occurs.

At some point confidence will slowly start to build back up and people will spend more, and more hiring will occur. The economy is making a gradual recovery, but with the Euro crisis, Arab Spring, and the China bubble possible bursting very soon there is still a lot of uncertainty and a fear that markets will shrink even more.

At this point the recovery is out of governments hand. In fact people give the government, and the president, too much credit for economic success and failure.

Economics is much more advanced than just 'taxes" and other such buzzwords.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 08:01 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
You know.....all this thread does is to bring the Domino's ads up in the google ads.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:35 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,488,512 times
It's really something to watch people who don't understand business or how it operates, or who have never owned a business.

People go into business to make profits ... not to make life easier on the public.

If a company gets all of it's products for one penny a piece, and charges a 1000% or 5000% profit or more, and it's made out of cheep junk you don't have to buy it, and that if fair and legal.

The Japanese proved that back in the 60's and 70's.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:13 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,293,197 times
In the 60's and 70's the Japanese manufactured their cars with our scrapped out WW-2 naval fleet...

In this decade, we (Obama) sent 25 millions old cars to China as shreded scrap metal.

The difference is this...Japan sent us cars and radios...China will produce products for the Chinese.

Who is the loser?
US...

because we do not have a productive infrastrusture to produce personal wealth for the ordinary citizen...(Wv being the exception).

Old 12-22-2011, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
In the 60's and 70's the Japanese manufactured their cars with our scrapped out WW-2 naval fleet...

In this decade, we (Obama) sent 25 millions old cars to China as shreded scrap metal.

The difference is this...Japan sent us cars and radios...China will produce products for the Chinese.

Who is the loser?
US...

because we do not have a productive infrastrusture to produce personal wealth for the ordinary citizen...(Wv being the exception).
The difference is this... Japan makes good cars.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:52 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,650,185 times
Has anyone ever had a good pizza from Dominoes? I never have and I'm not that picky about food. I keep thinking I must be missing something here. I mean they couldn't stay in business this long if everyone experienced the mediocrity that I have. What should I order to experience their good food?

Old 12-22-2011, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Has anyone ever had a good pizza from Dominoes? I never have and I'm not that picky about food. I keep thinking I must be missing something here. I mean they couldn't stay in business this long if everyone experienced the mediocrity that I have. What should I order to experience their good food?
All their pizza sucks.

It is a question of quantity over quality. Dominoes is cheap bad pizza, and I would personally buy a frozen pizza than eat what they pass as Pizza. I feel there is a lot of Pizza ignorance in the US with many Americans, outside a few cities, never having had good pizza so they buy Dominoes.

As an added place the owner is a real douche.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:31 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,341,840 times
I can think of 2 cheaper option than Dominos off the top of my head.
Little Caesars: $5 for a large Pizza (1 topping I know but still many people just stick with cheese or pepperoni)
Cicis: $5 for an all you can eat buffet, ranges from plain cheese to pizzas with 5 or 6 topings. Also, for 2-3 more one can get a large 3 topping Pizza from Pizza Hut or Papa Johns. Dominos isn't really providing much of an incentive which explains why the last time I ate there was in 2009. Their new Pizza recipe is actually a step down from their old one (which I thought was actually good)

Old 12-22-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escilade18 View Post
I can think of 2 cheaper option than Dominos off the top of my head.
Little Caesars: $5 for a large Pizza (1 topping I know but still many people just stick with cheese or pepperoni)
Cicis: $5 for an all you can eat buffet, ranges from plain cheese to pizzas with 5 or 6 topings. Also, for 2-3 more one can get a large 3 topping Pizza from Pizza Hut or Papa Johns. Dominos isn't really providing much of an incentive which explains why the last time I ate there was in 2009. Their new Pizza recipe is actually a step down from their old one (which I thought was actually good)
Little Caesars, and especially, Cicis also have terrible pizza. Pizza hut is slightly better, but still not good. Papa Johns is ok, but I wouldnt say they have good pizza.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:45 AM

308 posts, read 797,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
All their pizza sucks.

It is a question of quantity over quality. Dominoes is cheap bad pizza, and I would personally buy a frozen pizza than eat what they pass as Pizza. I feel there is a lot of Pizza ignorance in the US with many Americans, outside a few cities, never having had good pizza so they buy Dominoes.

As an added place the owner is a real douche.
you got that right and his son is a double douche who lets others take the blame for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia