Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 08:34 AM

308 posts, read 799,346 times

Advertisements

Please do not be taken in by the commercial on TV concerning the $7.99 3 TOPPING LARGE PIZZA SPECIAL.The manager on the commercial says the special is worth twice the amount they charge when in fact it only costs Domino's about $2.50 to make the 3 topping pizza.Take it from someone who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 09:01 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times
LOL yep thats about right! I worked for Sheetz when there small coffee sold for $1 [think been awhile] Any way WE were told IF there was a complaint Just Make Fresh! The actual cost per POT was 20 CENTS!! I think about Starbucks costs it boggles my mind on how the public Lets its self get Ripped off!

Old 12-20-2011, 09:07 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,878,250 times
Yes, businesses just trying to make a profit it is normal. If they sold it at what they paid that would be stupid.

That being said I dont buy Dominos because their pizza is terrible and taste like cardboard with cheese on it.

Also the owner is a neo-fascist, but that is another story.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:37 AM

Not against Businesses making a profit. But they dont need to charge so much to make a nice profit! The Thanksgiving/Christmas & New Yrs I worked at Sheetz they GAVE away coffee & by bring the customers inside the store they MADE a Higher income than for the Whole Year!!

Yes Donimoes here sucks! Burnt crusts Dried crusts Yeck They need to hire new cooks or fix the oven!

Old 12-20-2011, 11:12 AM

all the comments above are indeed true statements.Unfortunately it only scratches the surface.They tell you to tell the customer it will take less than 30 minutes for a delivery no matter how backed up they are.Management really is bad and the pay is even worse.I know former employees who were let go because they told the truth to the customer.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:14 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,818 times
How much it costs them to make the pizza has nothing to do with it, even if they get all of their fixings for free.

They are in the business of selling pizza for a profit ... not giving it away.

The question is ... can you find a better deal for the same size pizza and topping anywhere else.

I doubt it.

But if so ... buy it somewhere else.

Last edited by bumpus7; 12-20-2011 at 12:09 PM..

Old 12-20-2011, 11:18 AM

I Do! Grocery store Then IF its dry or burnt its my fault LOL When I lived on the South side of MTSB we had pizza from Donimoes several times a yr! On North side only 2 times in 3+ yrs! 1 was burnt & 1 was dry! I quit & buy them at Walmart now! BTW I Live right across the street! No excuse! & Both were Cold!

Old 12-20-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
How much it costs them to make the pizza has nothing to do with it, even if they get all of their fixings for free.

They are in the business of selling pizza for a profit ... not giving it away.

The question is ... can you find a better deal for the same size pizza and topping anywhere else.

I doubt it.

But if so ... buy it somewhere else.
it certainly does have everything to do with it.Profit is great but not at the expense of false advertising saying that the special is worth twice the amount they are charging.If you like being taken in then by all means go for it unless you are of course an employee

Old 12-20-2011, 12:23 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,878,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REESEY View Post
it certainly does have everything to do with it.Profit is great but not at the expense of false advertising saying that the special is worth twice the amount they are charging.If you like being taken in then by all means go for it unless you are of course an employee
Is it a store promotion or company wide?

If it is company wide they might be going off average cost nationwide and not a store.

Also, there might be other factors not included in the price of ingredients including factoring in labor, overhead, and taxes.

They could also be lying. If you feel they are report them to the better business bureau, or the attorney general's office.

I dont know why anyone would order Dominos. Frozen pizza at the supermarket is better than the garbage they sell as Pizza. The only thing they have going for them is how cheap they are, but you get what you pay for.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:57 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,237,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REESEY View Post
The worth of something is how much customers would be willing to pay for a product or service, it has nothing to do with the cost of inputs (material, labor, overhead, utilities, interest, profit, etc.).

Profit not only is great, it's what makes it possible for Dominoes (or any other business) to remain in business.

Which is a major reason why the economy has been so slow to recover. Businesspeople are hesitant to hire new employees, given the uncertainty in tax rates and health care costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia