Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2011, 07:49 PM

25 posts, read 55,825 times

Advertisements

Myself and my g/f will be staying in Ski Wisp (Deep Creek MD-McHenry MD) the first week of feb 6th -12th 2011for our vacation.

Im looking to find information on an outfit that will rent out snow mobils and where to ride them. Ski Wisp has them but for 60 bucks for 30 mins. Thats a lil steep and im looking for info of any other place that has them for rental in the area.

Any help or information would be appreciated.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 05:32 AM

1,502 posts, read 7,379,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMick View Post
Myself and my g/f will be staying in Ski Wisp (Deep Creek MD-McHenry MD) the first week of feb 6th -12th 2011for our vacation.

Im looking to find information on an outfit that will rent out snow mobils and where to ride them. Ski Wisp has them but for 60 bucks for 30 mins. Thats a lil steep and im looking for info of any other place that has them for rental in the area.

Any help or information would be appreciated.

Mick
I am not familiar with what is all available in the area but I would say that is reasonable rate for snowmobile, I know where I lived in AA County that was about the going rate to rent a jet ski.

I don't ski but know that is pricey, I did to the tubing and that was reasonable for 2 hours.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:33 AM

Thanks for the info. I have been to Wisp a few times but never to snowmobile. Im big into jet skis and around here (Houston/Galveston) from what I see waverunners rent for about 40-50 an hour.

Ive never been snowmobiling but I own several motorcycles and waverunners so im confident I wont crash one, especially since I will be on a rental.

If anyone else can help I would appreciate any information.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:14 PM

Old 01-05-2012, 09:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,735 times
I am in the hunt for this very thing. I saw an ad on the internet for $95 per day and I think it was Xtreme Power Sports, however I can no longer see this ad. When I go onto their site, there is nothing under rentals.... Did you ever find anything? I also think the price at WISP is high, and its only a 30 min. guided tour. I want to rent them for the entire weekend. I grew up in upstate NY, and owned a cabin and several sleds..... I too have been riding for years, and know that I would not crash one either.......If I could find a one that is. If you found anything please let me know.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia