Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 09:44 PM

4 posts, read 7,985 times

Advertisements

I thought there should be a place to talk, post photos,videos about Art in West Virginia. All cities. All types of creativity from the local independent artists to the long time museums and art galleries. From sculpture and wood-work to hobbies and crafts,and West Virginia natural beauty. Local, independent, museums, theatre, galleries, feastivals, crafts,photography - multi-media anything ART etc. A-Z ART. Feel free to post links to the 'creative zone' that you would like to share. Art is beautiful..ugly..confusing..direct..perfect and imperfect..and all inbetween. It is created and formed from every nook and cranny across the world. Art needs to be expressed,freed and to grow. Let's unlesh the state of West Virginia's art scene,from your point of view and from the artists themselves.
Let's build a great thread of all amazing and beautiful art coming from West Virginia. It's up to you and I to make this thread grow So, Please, I invite you all to take part and contribute.

I did a search to make sure that there wasn't a previous thread on this subject and did not find one. So,Let's create one.
Here's a local independent artist's show this past weekend. At the Blank Gallery in Huntington,West Virginia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 05:16 PM

4,952 posts, read 8,945,217 times
A new play is premiering here in Huntington before moving on to Berlin, Germany:
Mythical tale with modern twist coming to Joan Edwards Performing Arts Center - The Herald Dispatch

Current and upcoming exhibits at the Huntington Museum of Art:

Huntington Museum of Art | Huntington, West Virginia

Huntington Museum of Art | Huntington, West Virginia

Old 01-10-2012, 02:57 PM

Here are a couple of press releases from upcoming events at Marshall:

Marshall University Press Release-The Meeting

Marshall University Press Release-Art Exhibit

Old 01-20-2012, 07:01 PM

In Huntington:

New exhibit opening at Gallery 842:

Gallery 842 to open

Appalachian Film Festival:

Appalachian Film Festival 2012 Schedule | Huntington News

Old 01-20-2012, 07:39 PM

1,342 posts, read 3,243,831 times
I would recommend this book for anyone interested in art and West Virginia. It was originally $85, but it has recently been remaindered, which means you can find it about half-price at a number of bookselling websites. One of the people I discovered in this book is Patty Willis of Charles Town. Her family maintains a website with a lot of her work. She died many years ago, but was one talented lady. She's up there with Blanche Lazzell in my opinion. Blanche Lazzell taught her cousin Grace Taylor Martin her technique for producing white-line woodcuts. Lazzell's prints are among the most sought-after American prints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia