Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2007, 03:20 PM

3 posts, read 8,578 times

Advertisements

I have been offered a great job in Parkersburg WV and I am trying to get an idea of the diversity, culture and politics of the area.

I consider myself an opened minded moderate democrat who likes all kinds of different people of different socioeconomics, ethnicites, and politics. I love the country. Currently I live in Baltimore MD

I grew up in southern preston county and I loved it there. The poeple were friendly, open minded, christian and conservative, but they were not particularily vocal about their politics/religion.

I moved to the big city for exposure to more diffent types of people and culture.

I want to move back to WV but I dont want to surrounded by extreme right wing politics or lots of pushy christian evangelicals. I want to make sure there are some small amounts of diversity and pockets of progressives in the Parkersburg area.

Last edited by amcpeak; 09-22-2007 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: missed word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia