Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 08:41 PM

3 posts, read 4,189 times

Advertisements

I am kind of planning out a summer home for retirement to get away from the Texas heat when my wife and I retire , and was wondering how the summers are in that area. The city data graph shows temps in the mid 80s , but also shows the humidity in the mid 50s. Is it fairly comfortable in the summer , or does the humidity make it a little muggy?

I was actually thinking more Colorado , but my wife has family in Williamstown and I have enjoyed the few visits we've made , but they've never been in the dead of summer.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 09:15 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,483 times
The past few summers have been a little hotter, but nothing like Texas. It can get up to the low 90s but it generally stays in the 80s. It can get a bit muggy, but it isn't like the humidity of the South; you won't be swimming when you step outside. Overall, it's very comfortable and usually sunny.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:38 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
The past few summers have been a little hotter, but nothing like Texas. It can get up to the low 90s but it generally stays in the 80s. It can get a bit muggy, but it isn't like the humidity of the South; you won't be swimming when you step outside. Overall, it's very comfortable and usually sunny.
there might be a week or two stretch where temps might hit the low to mid 90's in late July or early August. You may find that the humidity makes it feel a little stuffy at times, but that's really only a problem 1 or two months out of they year.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:56 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
I will pretty much agree. You might find a few pretty muggy days but they are limited and nothing that would run anyone off. The sort of lifestyle you want will be a much larger determination.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:09 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,882,972 times
If you locate outside of town in the more wooded areas, the humidity isn't as noticeable. Many times I have driven from Glenville to Parkersburg and when I get to the college, the humidity is totally different.

If you want lower temps look into the Canaan Valley or Snowshoe areas in the higher altitudes.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:13 PM

3 posts, read 4,189 times
Thanks for all the replies. If we were to do this in WV it would be in Williamstown as my wife has family there who have land along the Ohio River . Not looking for anything exciting . Just a nice place with moderate temps to escape the 100+ temps here from May through mid September

Old 09-22-2012, 12:03 PM

282 posts, read 484,875 times
It can get hot, hazy, humid and the air pretty stagnant (not much breeze) in July and August, with temps frequently in the mid 90's. Every few years we might hit 100, but usually only when the air & ground is drier such as during a drought. After spending a few days in central Florida this summer I realized the humidity here is nothing. I like the climate because the summers are hot, autumn is cool, and winter is winter.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:10 PM

555 posts, read 892,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texzen View Post
Thanks for all the replies. If we were to do this in WV it would be in Williamstown as my wife has family there who have land along the Ohio River . Not looking for anything exciting . Just a nice place with moderate temps to escape the 100+ temps here from May through mid September
Williamstown in a pleasant little town close to all the festivals in downtown Marietta, Ohio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia